GVB - who converted him to a LB?

Which manager first tried Gio as a LB or wing back more accurately? I seem to remember he was very unhappy when he was first asked to play that position, but he's since made it his preferred role. Was it Wenger?

Aye it was Wenger, pretty much as soon as he went down there too iirc

Havin another good game tonght. Wish we had kept him. Was it �£8m that we sold him for? He's certainly had a great career.

• 3 weeks later...

He also played for Holland at LB while with us, if Numan was injured.

As far as I can tell, Arsenal bought him as a midfielder, but he didn't seem to be able to step up to the plate in that position when playing along side other big name players. he was therefore converted to LB.

Would I be right in saying that Overmars was playing wide left for Arsenal when Gio signed?

Overmars would have been left or very close to leaving when Gio signed for Arsenal.

Which manager first tried Gio as a LB or wing back more accurately? I seem to remember he was very unhappy when he was first asked to play that position, but he's since made it his preferred role. Was it Wenger?

Scientology, I blame that Tom Cruise !

Guest Arnold

His Rangers debut was at left back!

Dick Advocaat played him there a few times but it was at Arsenal that he was a LB regular. In fairness, he seems to be a good left back but compared to his midfield performances, he's wasted in defence.