Big clear out or just a touch up?

I think the majority on here are old enough to remember the likes of Gazza and Laudrup playing for us, watching a fantastic style of football when Dick was in charge and now we've hit rock bottom watching dross week after week.

Laudrup only cost us about �£2.5M so we can afford world class players but these days WS spunked away �£2M+ on Lee McCulloch.

Was WS not responsible for these some of these great signings ?.The days of signing quality like that are gone,discovering players like Cuellar and hoping young players can come through is the only way ahead i'm afraid.

They were the days! Waking up on a cold, wet Saturday morning and wanting to goto Ibrox to watch us play the likes of DUnfermline and St Mirren just because the likes of Gazza and Laudrup were playing.

Now on a cold, wet Saturday morning we're waking up and the thought of going to Ibrox to watch us play Gretna, Killie with players such as McCulloch and Broadfoot playing is depressing.

it's not only on cold, wet days m8 :rolleyes:

Was WS not responsible for these some of these great signings ?.The days of signing quality like that are gone,discovering players like Cuellar and hoping young players can come through is the only way ahead i'm afraid.

Why did he fling �£2m+ Wigans way for McCulloch? I hope youth is the way ahead but while WS is in charge I highly doubt it.

Unfortunately the fee for McCulloch was just because he played in the Premiership and there was no way round it. Could it have been better spent elsewhere? Maybe. WS was trying to sign players like him who he'd worked with before so even at that fee I thought it was fairly low risk.

McCulloch hasn't been a total waste IMO, but he needs to do much better on a regular basis. Of course, playing him in the same position from one game to the next might help....

Unfortunately the fee for McCulloch was just because he played in the Premiership and there was no way round it. Could it have been better spent elsewhere? Maybe. WS was trying to sign players like him who he'd worked with before so even at that fee I thought it was fairly low risk.

McCulloch hasn't been a total waste IMO, but he needs to do much better on a regular basis. Of course, playing him in the same position from one game to the next might help....

Come to think of it, what is McCullochs best position? He's been shite everywhere he's played.

Why did he fling �£2m+ Wigans way for McCulloch? I hope youth is the way ahead but while WS is in charge I highly doubt it.

Because he needed to bring in players he believed would do a job for him,at the time I thought it was a decent signing,maybe a wee bit pricey,but the thing is you never know how any signing is going to turn out.

Come to think of it, what is McCullochs best position? He's been shite everywhere he's played.

He's had his moments. I'm sure quite a few of us were delighted he'd signed on more than one occasion as we finally had someone who wasn't afraid to shoot from outside the box. Another quality we've lacked in years.

Cousin needs to go.

I said after Florence that he shouldn't kick a ball again for us and I was proved right none more so than last night. That big fucker should of been hooked much earlier than he was for that shambles of a performance.

Never been a fan of Charlie Adam but also never been one to demand he goes. But after last night he should be shown the door. Up there with the worst performances ever in a Rangers jersey for me considering the importance of the game and what-not.

The suject of this thread is touch up or clear out,I think WS had to make immediate signings,some worked out and some didn't,but he had to quick fix our team/squad to close the gap on Celtic.He has done that,so IMO I will reserve my judgements on if he is the man to take us forward for next season after I see what players come in and how we are performing.So for me a clearout is going to set us back to where we were at the start of his second stint as Rangers manager,unless the players he brings in hit the ground running,which no-one can guarantee,touch up for this bear.