Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

I wonder how the McGregor story (if true) came to be leaked. Good news if true, but on the other hand, I hope its not been leaked by the player or his agent as a sign to any other interested clubs about how much they'd have to pay him. i.e. not very much if you're an EPL team.

Or leaked by SDM or Bain to stir up interest!

Bad news for Germinal Beerschot. The Antwerpse club has a concurrent in the fight for Thomas Buffel. Standard Liege are also interested in the services of the attacking midfielder. (Gazet van Antwerpen)

Everton and Rangers are set to go head-to-head for the signature of Slavia Prague defender Marek Suchy. (Daily Telegraph)

Motherwell boss Mark McGhee will make another bid for Rangers' Alan Gow after losing Ross McCormack to Cardiff. (Daily Record)

Rangers have rejected a �£1.5m bid from Stoke City for midfielder Lee McCulloch. (The Sun)

THOMAS BUFFEL was today on the verge of a move to Cercle Brugge.

The Belgian midfielder was told to find a new club by manager Walter Smith as Rangers try to get his �£17,000-a-week wages off the bill.

And the player, who signed from Feyenoord for �£2.2m in January 2005, is believed to have struck a deal to return to his homeland.

Meanwhile Carlos Cuellar returned to Glasgow today to prepare for the beginning of his pre-season with Rangers.

And the Spanish star has pledged his future to the Ibrox club - with his agent insisting the 26-year-old defender is going nowhere.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2372214.0.buffel_set_for_brugge_move.php

THOMAS BUFFEL was today on the verge of a move to Cercle Brugge.

The Belgian midfielder was told to find a new club by manager Walter Smith as Rangers try to get his �£17,000-a-week wages off the bill.

And the player, who signed from Feyenoord for �£2.2m in January 2005, is believed to have struck a deal to return to his homeland.

Meanwhile Carlos Cuellar returned to Glasgow today to prepare for the beginning of his pre-season with Rangers.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2372214.0.buffel_set_for_brugge_move.php

Fantastico!!!:notworthy: :notworthy:

I think there are a lot of negative people who need to eat some humble pie.

They probably claim they are just realistic but nothing could be further from the truth.

WS will NOT be getting less than 6M to spend, and he will NOT be selling all his best players to pay for the debt.

I do think his budget depend on the sales of a couple of players like Cousin for instance - but it seems less players will leave than many thought - including Wier.

Boyd, Carlos and MacGregor all seem to be staying. Webster has signed on permanently and Wier has extended.

So Gow and Cousin are definitely for sale, Buffel is gone, and there are still doubts about whether Darcheville, Hemdani and McCulloch will stay - although the latter has also had an offer of him turned down.

I pressume Faye will go back too and the proper transfer of Davis is in the balance.

Dailly may stay on for a season and Smith the keeper might leave for the chance of a game.

So I think we need a center back, maybe a left back, a right midfielder and an attacking central midfielder.

I think that not making too many changes will help the team next season as they will obviously have gained from last season's experience and must be a decent unit.

We needed enhancements to the squad rather than radical surgery and although the players we have signed have not overly impressed us, they do look like they might enhance the squad slightly.

We needed enhancements to the squad rather than radical surgery and although the players we have signed have not overly impressed us, they do look like they might enhance the squad slightly.

You made some excellent points, however I feel it was the first choice 11 that needed enhancement, especially in the creative department (barry ferguson will not suffice IMO!).

There is a long long way to go yet until the end of august so it will be interesting.

I am pleased with the velicka (sp) signing but a little surprised and slightly perplexed by the others. It is disappointing that cousin does not have the heart or focus of some players as with those attributes he would be a fine striker for us, but while his commitment and motivation is questionable, I think he should be free to leave. Disappointed in the sale of Buffel... but thats been discussed at length, equally the lack of opportunity given to gow. It is imperitive that we hold onto mcgregor and cuellar.

It would be nice to see a player capable of walking into the first 11 and lifting our standard of football, but I guess we will all have to wait and see! Last season went OK considering the expectations and the write up at the start of last season! ;)

You made some excellent points, however I feel it was the first choice 11 that needed enhancement, especially in the creative department (barry ferguson will not suffice IMO!).

There is a long long way to go yet until the end of august so it will be interesting.

I am pleased with the velicka (sp) signing but a little surprised and slightly perplexed by the others. It is disappointing that cousin does not have the heart or focus of some players as with those attributes he would be a fine striker for us, but while his commitment and motivation is questionable, I think he should be free to leave. Disappointed in the sale of Buffel... but thats been discussed at length, equally the lack of opportunity given to gow. It is imperitive that we hold onto mcgregor and cuellar.

It would be nice to see a player capable of walking into the first 11 and lifting our standard of football, but I guess we will all have to wait and see! Last season went OK considering the expectations and the write up at the start of last season! ;)

Fully agree with that Andrew, good post.

I dont need to say my view on Buffel, he is a player I thought should be playing every week.

But the main point is we need to be signing players who enhance the starting line up. I actually think Miller and Velicka could do that. Cousin is still the best striker on our books but due to his attitude he wont show it and the sooner we get 3 million for him the better. If we could get a combined 6 million for Boyd and Cousin then invest that in some other areas things would look good. It would still leave us with enough upfront.

Cardiff City are lining up a �£2.5m bid for Rangers striker Daniel Cousin. (Daily Mail/The Sun)

Rangers and Sunderland are keen on securing Maloney's services. (The Sun)

Cant see Cousin going to the Championship. He is another talent but not much clubs coming in for him probably due to the attitude.

Maloney would be a good signing but he is more of a left sided player is he not? We have them in abundance for a change, although Id take Maloney over Adam anyday.