Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

Sorry but I still think it's criminal and unacceptable if Boyd is allowed to leave.....

I would tend to agree that if our problem last season was lack of goal-scoring then we need to look for someone who will COMPLEMENT Boyd in a 4-4-2 OR get true wingers to play the wide roles in a 4-5-1/4-3-3

You are right, it was a combination - when we went at teams with high tempo last season we seemed to have much more success - but more often than not we didnt do that and gave the other team confidence.

Ha ! No way would we get Sneijder, would be nice though. Although..... if you believe all you read then the Tims are signing Seedorf, Podolski etc etc

Midfield three ----------Sneijder-------Deco----------VanderVaart

Upfront-----------------Robben--------Miller---------Podolski

That would work!

I would tend to agree that if our problem last season was lack of goal-scoring then we need to look for someone who will COMPLEMENT Boyd in a 4-4-2 OR get true wingers to play the wide roles in a 4-5-1/4-3-3

I think that someone could be Miller. As long as we don't expect him to match Boyd goal for goal and as long as Smith does't use him as a lone striker, he could be decent signing.

Totally agree we need an attack minded midfielder. RB is not a worry if you take Whittaker, Broadfoot and Lowing. Then again if we are going to punt the ball why do we need a midfield anyway. Hah I've sussed it.;)

I think that someone could be Miller. As long as we don't expect him to match Boyd goal for goal and as long as Smith does't use him as a lone striker, he could be decent signing.

I agree with that Juff and think it's what Craig has mentioned too.

The worrying thing is the other strikers we are signing/linked with. Where does that leave Boyd?

KM is signed for �£1.9m......from wat I've read, the likeliehood is Boyd being sold for �£2.5m How can that be right? Boyd will guarantee 25+ a season even being used sparingly off the bench!

Midfield three ----------Sneijder-------Deco----------VanderVaart

Upfront-----------------Robben--------Miller---------Podolski

That would work!

Nah, Robben and Podolski are both better suited on the left - perhaps Ribery or Ronaldhino on the right ?

I don't think Lafferty is being signed as a striker. Now, never having seen the boy play I could be well wide of the mark, but I have a Lee McCulloch feeling about this lad.

Agree with that - he may start ok but wont be the finished article. Id rather 3.25 million spent on a midfielder who can skip past a player. Again il reserve judgement until ive seen the guy but its a depressing signing.

I think Velicka and Miller are good signings as they will play regularly - something JCD or Boyd havent done.

I think we just need to pay Feyenoord 400k for Buffel and keep him. That actually sounds a bargain when you think of our transfer budget and how much it will cost us to get a player with his ability.