Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

Just listened to pre-Kaunas interview with WS on BBC. Chick asked him if getting into the Champions league this term will affect what he can spend. I'm sure he's said before that it wouldn't, but today he said "Obviously getting into the Champion League frees up a level of finance above what we would normally have, but there is still a bit left."

Looks like a calculated gamble then re midfielders. To be honest I think we'd all like to wait and spend as much as we can on quality. I just wonder if we have enough to get by Aalborg.

The record saying a few are going and hopefully Carlos staying.

I don't understand though why we would swap Boyd for another defender as it says.......or why we would sign Weir and Dailly then get rid of them.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/2008/08/07/exclusive-rangers-euro-flops-set-for-axe-as-sir-david-murray-orders-mass-clearout-at-ibrox-86908-20687280/

I cant believe we would still be in for another centre half without addressing the midfield first.

Its the midfield who flopped the most so its them who should make way first.

27 first team squad, yet WS barely touches some of them.

Seriously, you can't see why we might get rid of Dailly? Never gonna happen though.

OK I can see why but I can't see why would sign him for another year then let him go after a few games costing us a small fortune probably! Back up at best certainly not a first team starter.