Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

WALTER SMITH today vowed to bring in the new faces he needs to bolster Rangers' squad and ease his injury woes.

The Ibrox gaffer has pulled the plug on a move for Watford's giant centre-back Danny Shittu after refusing to meet the Nigerian's wage demands.

And reports today claimed he has also missed out on Sporting Lisbon's Brazilian defender Anderson Polga after he signed new three-year deal with the Portuguese club.

But Smith has quickly shifted his attention to other centre-back options. And he is also moving on midfield targets after the loss of skipper Barry Ferguson until the end of October with an ankle problem.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2393679.0.0.php

Danny Shittu has said he is still desperate to join Rangers - despite insisting the club caused the collapse of his proposed switch to Glasgow. (Daily Record)

Birmingham have transfer-listed Olivier Kapo and the �£3m French midfielder expects to link up again with former Blues boss Steve Bruce at Wigan. (The Sun)

Not related but for �£3m I think Kapo would be a great signing for us.......

Yeah I agree with you Johnny. Kapo is a decent left footed midfielder, better than Charlie boy and �£3m isn't a ground shattering amount of money. Juve must've saw something in him to sign him a few years ago.

Just a thought. Edgar Davids is looking for a club for next season.

We could do worse.

There would surely be a host of clubs that would offer him far more than we would be prepared to though. Not sure how old he is but even a short term deal for a player of that quality would be great.

Cant see something loike that ever happening though unfortunately.

There would surely be a host of clubs that would offer him far more than we would be prepared to though. Not sure how old he is but even a short term deal for a player of that quality would be great.

Cant see something loike that ever happening though unfortunately.

He was on reduced wages at Ajax already so the wages wouldn't be a problem i think. I think Rangers will be bigger than any club interested in him and it would give him another crack at the CL. He is 35 but i would think he would stroll through the SPL for a season. As i said just a thought.

Edgar Davids would be superb for a season, his experience would be benficial to the team. Even though he is more a holding midfielder we should always be happy to take a player who would improve the XI and he would certainlt do that.

Cant see us getting him though as wages would be a problem and as Jon says a few clubs would be willing to pay big money for him