Jeez, this is a huge shock - even though we knew he had cancer I too thought he was beating it.

RIP Tommy - a Celt who also managed to transcend the divide for the most part.

I wasn't expecting to wake up today to see a close-to-tears Gordon Strachan on Sky Sports News. When I heard that we'd lost Tommy Burns I was shocked, really shocked. A sad loss to Scottish football, he has left behind a wife and four children. RIP Tommy, a true ambassador for Scottish football.

He always came across as a gentleman - a good winner and a good loser. He had a passion for his club, his country and football in general - qualities I admire. He spoke with honesty, integrity and dignity. Puts last night in perspective.

A sad loss at such a young age, RIP Tommy and best wishes to his wife and children.

Guest Ibroxian

I'm English and sometimes have difficulty absorbing the Old Firm passion (though I do of course) and am really impressed with these sentiments.

R.I.P. Tommy.

There's been some pictures from the funeral put up on the Tartan Army board, very moving and definitely puts many things in to perspective.

http://taboard.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=75819

Was nice to see Walter and Ally carrying the coffin, the picture that moved me though was Ally in tears. A grown man crying who we all look up to, a Rangers legend crying over the death over a very good friend, a Celtic legend.

Puts football into perspective really, rest in peace Tommy