or more likely

Wed 7 19:45 H Motherwell SPLG

Wed 14 19:45 - FC Zenit UEFA

Sat 17 12:30 A Motherwell SPLG

Mon 19 19:45 A St Mirren SPLG

Thu 22 19:45 A Aberdeen SPLG

Sat 24 12:30 H Dundee United SPLG

Sat 31 15:00 - Queen of South SCP F

Not sure how either of these get past the problem of playing the final round of games on the same day at the same time though...

They need to be quick, my holidays are dependant on it :D I was away to book up this morning to leave on the 23rd so I could see the last league game (i dont get the SFA cup final anyway) but if it gets moved to the following week il have to delay as im not missing that.

But its about time something being done. Moving the Scottish cup final was easily the easiest option and im sure QOTS dont care.

As you say Frankie, getting everyone to play at the same time on the last day still poses a problem, im sure they will keep the Aberdeen game as the last fixture but move that date unless they cancelled all this weekends matches and played them on the 24th.

I firmly believe that common sense will prevail. Hard hats on for the Timmy backlash but feck them.

Can you imagine if the SPL dont do something and we lose the UEFA Cup? I for one would be pretty angry at them.

For me, they should have said to every SPL club about 3 months ago that they should prepare to have the season extended by two weeks as a safety measure, just in case they are unable to resolve the fixture problems.

Instead what they did was bury their head in the sand and say "we'll just wait and see how Rangers progress in the next round". Fine, but they had no contingency plan so now they're screwed and they deserve all the criticism coming their way, regardless of whether they finally do the right thing and extend the season.

Hibs midfielder Brian Kerr is in the paper today saying he is �£2k down after having to cancel his holidays. If his insurance company dont pay out, the SPL must be forced to foot the bill for Kerr and every other player in the same boat. Had the SPL been proactive and notified all SPL clubs of a possible league extension 3 months ago, the number of players in a similar position to Kerr would have been minimal.

No wonder Walter Smith et al are raging about this. It's pathetic and I await some good news later today.

Ya dancer !! I was expecting to miss the SC final as I am on holiday in Vegas but now I will get to see the end of season finale.

Downside though is that I will miss the league run-in. Hopefully we will sew that up with a game to spare. Re the league, I reckon that if we can come through the two Motherwell games with 6 points that we will go on to win the league. The game at Fir Park could very well be the critical game for us with the state of the pitch. 6 points from those two games and I think we will pick up 9 from the remainder.

I firmly believe that common sense will prevail. Hard hats on for the Timmy backlash but feck them.

Can you imagine if the SPL dont do something and we lose the UEFA Cup? I for one would be pretty angry at them.

For me, they should have said to every SPL club about 3 months ago that they should prepare to have the season extended by two weeks as a safety measure, just in case they are unable to resolve the fixture problems.

Instead what they did was bury their head in the sand and say "we'll just wait and see how Rangers progress in the next round". Fine, but they had no contingency plan so now they're screwed and they deserve all the criticism coming their way, regardless of whether they finally do the right thing and extend the season.

Hibs midfielder Brian Kerr is in the paper today saying he is �£2k down after having to cancel his holidays. If his insurance company dont pay out, the SPL must be forced to foot the bill for Kerr and every other player in the same boat. Had the SPL been proactive and notified all SPL clubs of a possible league extension 3 months ago, the number of players in a similar position to Kerr would have been minimal.

No wonder Walter Smith et al are raging about this. It's pathetic and I await some good news later today.

Gutted. Yet again a Scottish footballing authority has failed to be proactive. Had they taken the measures I have suggested above they would not be in this position. Even the SFA tried to step in it seems which is good but the sooner our game is co-ordinated through one centralised body, rather than the triumvarate of pish we have presently, the better.

Like others have said, its all complete bollocks. The SPL could have and should have been looking at this thing months ago following the various games which were postponed and the fact we're still in Europe after Christmas. Its basic risk management and common sense not being used by guys who will no doubt be on big fat salaries. Total nonsense.