Anybody watch the game on ITV4 ?,what a difference listening to guys speaking about Rangers in a positive manner,ie without an agenda andd not Scottish,even though we were pish they guys were still speaking in a confident manner about Rangers progressing..............:rfc:

Watched the first half on STV and the second half on ITV4 and it was like night and day. I was getting hacked off at how shite McPherson's commentary is. He gets himself all in a lather about any mistakes made by Rangers and yet anything remotely good by the opposition he creams himself. Andy Townsend was good in the studio. They made a number of good observations during the game e.g. we potentially still have 1/4 of our season still to play.

I wouldn't say they were unbiased - I would say the commentators clearly favoured Rangers but at least they consistently tried to make objective comments and observations. Also, they called it as they saw it which is more than can be said for McPherson who really should be put down for everyone's sake.

Out of interest, who was the commentators and the pundits??

Andy Townsend in the studio with Robbie Earle and Jim Beglin doing co-comentator. Can't remember who the comentator was. On STV it was Andy Walker with John Colquoun and Terry Butcher and Archie McPherson and Fraser Wishart commentating.

I did the first half STV second half ITV4 thing too and it was a huge difference.

Andy Townsend in the studio with Robbie Earle and Jim Beglin doing co-comentator. Can't remember who the comentator was. On STV it was Andy Walker with John Colquoun and Terry Butcher and Archie McPherson and Fraser Wishart commentating.

I did the first half STV second half ITV4 thing too and it was a huge difference.

Andy Townsend is the man :thup: Cant beat his talksport show on the weekend mornings. I send him the odd email that he always reads it out and thanks me for listening over here, so I'll email him tomoro and tell him the Gers crowd preferred him to the biased scottish commentators.

I get Robbie Earle and Jim Beglin on one of the EPL games every week aswell they put Ian Cocker and Betty Booth to shame.

I like Beglin, seems to talk a good game. Alan Smith on Sky does my napper in - that god-awful Brummie accent!!!

I dont mind Alan Smith, he talks sense. but agreed the Brummie accent is shocking.