Is Golf the new Football?

According to Monty it is and I have to agree with the big chap. Inviting players who are ranked lower than others simply because of TV rights can't be good for the reputation of the game of golf can it? Surely the best X amount of golfers should be invited to these competitions?

Money, money, money

I can see his point but the organisers have their own rules and the wild cards are deliberately not to do with rankings. The top 50 get in automatically due to their ranking and so Monty should play well enough to qualify or keep his mouth shut. The wild cards are by definition, ad hoc choices using whatever criteria the committee seem fit.

Sour grapes to me...

Maybe if he got stuck in and won he might not be such a sour puss... I do loike the big man but the rules were there, and if he ain't up to scratch then tough titty's.

Sour grapes...