They summed it up well though when they did the split screen thing with Rafa and Mascherano. As soon as he went over towards the ref, Benitez was trying to get him to stop, so he knew what was going to happen.

At first i thought Mascherano was stupid and cost his team the game but after reading about it all he did was ask why Torres got booked and Alonso backed this up and said he heard every word, so if thats the case then the ref is a wanker for sending him off. All he got sent off for would have been jogging 20 yards across to ask the question and thats a joke although there is no need for him to be asking at that time.

The rules of this "who can ask what and when" is beyond a joke and making the game a farce.

I don't think it was for simple asking the ref a question!! He was in his face and had questioned the ref on everything since his 1st yellow, repetly asking the utd players to be booked. The guy was already on a yellow and had just seen his team mate book for dissent!! The players should respect the referees anyway, and no one actually know's what was said??

I went to watch my 9 year old play yesterday and one of the other team did a similar thing to Mascherano, this is maybe as it is a child speaking to adult in this manner, however his argument for behaving in such a way was simple. "Well Ashley Cole can!!!" I relise this is a whole different discussion, but it is one that has most certainly influanced my thought on the Mascherano, yellow card.

One final point, would we be giving the ref such a hard time if Mascherano hadn't been booked previously, the fact that it was only a yellow card seems to have been lost in the arguments that I have heard. As fo the me I'm with the ref. Well done Mr Bennet :D