Fixtures 1st / 2nd March

Pete does this for the SPL matches so il do one for the Premier down south:

Arsenal v Aston Villa

Big game for the Gunners. They have reported to have lost an edge since the FA cup game at Man Utd. They couldnt ask for a tougher home match at the moment with Villa giving 4th place a real go. Arsenals record against Villa is superb but its a good time for Villa to try and change that. Arsene Wenger has to settle his players down and start a fresh in the run in. Very narrow home win.

Birmingham v Tottenham

Birmingham got a great point against the other north london club last weekend that was overshadowed by Eduardo's injury. They will have to scrap home points if they are to stay up. Spurs are gloating from winning the league cup last sunday. If they carry on the momentum they could go on a great run and finish in the top 8 after a shocking start this season. I think this will finish a draw though.

Derby v Sunderland

Paul Jewell came out in midweek and practically said his players are shit - but we all knew that. He has given them a slaughtering and has said he will make lots of changes this week. It may be a kick up the ass for them despite being 4 months too late. Sunderland are in a real relegation scrap and are poor away from home. This is a championship match IMO but Im going for a rare Derby win.

Fulham v Man Utd

Fulham can buy a win at the moment despite being unlucky in many games all season. They have to start start getting points soon or they are down. They do have a good chance of survival if they get 2 wins in the next few weeks. Man Utd are flying but may rest a player or 2 with Lyon coming up in midweek. I have a sneaky feeling for a draw here.

Man City v Wigan

Man City have came back down to earth after there great start. They wont rule out a place in europe yet and will fancy 3 points today. Wigan are doing well at the moment, Steve Bruce has got them out of the bottom 3 and are only 2 points behind Newcastle. But they will be back in a relegation battle in the next few weeks - Home win

Middlesbrough v Reading

Boro are on a bit of a role also with only 1 defeat in 10. Reading are in free fall with 8 straight defeats. If that doesnt stop soon they will go down. For a relegatiobn battle Boro seem high favourties here. But they had 120 mins against Sheff Utd in midweek. Readings run has to stop somewhere and they may get a point today.

Newcastle v Blackburn

Newcastle are a laughing stock. I keep expecting them to get a result somewhere but they keep losing. If Keegan doesnt get a win soon they will be in deep trouble. I dont know what it is but I just see another twist coming at St James' Pk soon which will see someone high profile leaving. Blackburn are a well run club and a match for anyone on there day. They will fancy this trip today and Sparky Hughes will try and take advantage of the poor Newcastle situation. Score draw for me.

West Ham v Chelsea

Banker home win!

But for the first time since his appointment - Avram Grant has a bit of media attention his way with his selections for the cup final which he was expected to win. He has got selection problems due to the great squad he has and he cant work out how to fit them now that they are all available. West Ham have had some poor home draws against Reading, Bolton and Birmingham this season. Had they taken them then they would be well in for europe. They have beaten Liverpool and Man U at home though. They also have only lost 2 games in 18 which is a great run. They havent beaten Chelsea for a long time and it will end today - home win!

Sunday:

Bolton v Liverpool

Bolton are tough at home. Gary Megson had a small revival which has disappeared lately. They will be in the scrap right until the end. Liverpool are a scaled down version of Newcastle at the moment and with Inter away coming up Rafa is likely to rotate again. If he doesnt rotate and Liverpool's first XI turn up they should ease this game but I dont see that happening and expect a draw.

Everton v Portsmouth

Two very good teams. Everton are superbly run at the moment and pushing for a 4th place. They look like they will get it aswell. Pompey are great on the road but dont have the free flowing football they had when Benjami was upfront. Defoe and Baros give something different. This could be game of the weekend but I fancy a home win.