Rangers 0 : 0 Panathinaikos - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

I dont think Ferguson deserves a 4 but i do agree he wasnt as effective as he can be...i think he finds it difficult to work within WS's ultra-cautious tactics at times and doesnt have the players around him reading his game...just my opinion...

Davis...i thought..looked nervous but started to play the 'Thomson' role quite effectively as the game progressed...before he tired.

Charlie!!! Charlie!!! is there a more exasperating player at Rangers right now?

I also thought Pana were better than average...athletic, well organised, comfortable on the ball...just didnt have a striker worthy of the name...and their fans!...were they actually watching the game or just going thru bizarre 90 minute ritual?...where they bounce about, sway, wave their arms about and point at each other...

Think you make an excellent point there. On a number of occasions Ferguson did really well to take the ball in tight positions and spread the play nicely but your then playing the ball into either a centre half as a makeshift full back or someone like Charlie Adam who patently does not have the pace to play wide. They are then trying to play the ball in to a lone striker who is heavily marked and your then looking for scraps. It's just not the type of tactics that suit Fergie's game.

Think you make an excellent point there. On a number of occasions Ferguson did really well to take the ball in tight positions and spread the play nicely but your then playing the ball into either a centre half as a makeshift full back or someone like Charlie Adam who patently does not have the pace to play wide. They are then trying to play the ball in to a lone striker who is heavily marked and your then looking for scraps. It's just not the type of tactics that suit Fergie's game.

Ferguson should be player of the year and i live in constant fear that he'll get injured and miss a run of games....i really worry about that and the effect it'd have on the team.

Ferguson should be player of the year and i live in constant fear that he'll get injured and miss a run of games....i really worry about that and the effect it'd have on the team.

Agreed. I crapped myself at Hampden when he went down versus Hearts in the CIS semi final.

Carlos Cuellar for me. How anyone can imagine Fergie as player of the year in front of Cuellar totally bamboozles me. How many good performances has Fergie had this season compared to the big man. Personally i think Fergie is the most overrated player in our team and in fact smothers other players. Even Thomson was beginning to be more influential than Fergie. On last nights performance i have a hope Davis and Thomson can hit it off and carry us into the future.

are you having a laugh????

Ferguson has played about 5 games this year. Carlos has been consistent every week

There's no doubt Ferguson is a great player and a hugely important one in the Rangers team whom we'd miss badly if we lost him.

However, equally, there's no doubt his form has been patchy and quality all too rare from him this season.

To suggest he's our player of the year so far is dubious at best given the form of Cuellar and even McGregor.

just my opinion...but i think he's at the heart of everything good we do...he's a motivator, calm on the ball, finds space, rarely wastes a ball, switches play, gets forward and is giving us goals this season...what more can he do? Cuellar is a great defender but lets not view this with rose tinted glasses here...yes he's made some great tackles and reads the game well but he's made gaffes too and his distribution has been poor at times.