Rangers v Panathinaikos

So over all I thought we played well tonight and we are still competing on all fronts.

We played well in spells but played absolutely murder in other, larger spells.

I can only imagine what the FFers are posting tonight. That lot will be like a bunch of hungry pit bulls!!

Disagree with you here,Rangers were by far the better team and were very unlucky

But you have to agree that there were a lot of times Pana weren't even breaking sweat, there were times they strolled through parts of the game and there were times that we made it easy for them.

Yes, we caused them a few problems, especially Novo but overall another disappointing performance. For me, the cons outweigh the pros.

But you have to agree that there were a lot of times Pana weren't even breaking sweat, there were times they strolled through parts of the game and there were times that we made it easy for them.

Yes, we caused them a few problems, especially Novo but overall another disappointing performance. For me, the cons outweigh the pros.

Well obviously you and I see football differently.Do you really think that Panathinaikos are that much better than Rangers that they allowed us 3-4 goal scoring chances ?,don't think so,I am begining to think that you think we should beat every team that we play !!!!!!!!!

Well obviously you and I see football differently.Do you really think that Panathinaikos are that much better than Rangers that they allowed us 3-4 goal scoring chances ?,don't think so,I am begining to think that you think we should beat every team that we play !!!!!!!!!

I think we should play better than we play.

I think both teams are evenly matched or thereabouts. We'll see how many goalscoring chances we create in the 2nd leg and how many they create.

I think we should play better than we play.

I think both teams are evenly matched or thereabouts. We'll see how many goalscoring chances we create in the 2nd leg and how many they create.

I don't really understand what you're saying !!,I think we would all love Rangers to be playing better,but some fans will never be happy with the way we play,EVER !!,so that's not really an issue IMO

I dont think Gazza_8 was saying that Pana are better than us, he never even looked at their performance other than to say that Pana never broke sweat.

The fact of the matter is that we didn't a game that was there for the taking and it doesnt matter much whether that is down to bad luck or poor play.

We now have to go to their patch where they SHOULD be a more formidable proposition.

Ian, it isnt about whether we should beat every team that we play. You actually allude to this yourself when you said that they gave us 3-4 scoring chances - if they are that much of a poorer team than us then why did we set out a defensive formation and with a midfielder up front ?

A European tie at home to a mediocre team and WS plays negative tactics - he should have been going for the jugular (within reason, obviously a 2-3-5 formation isnt called for but neither is a very negative 4-5-1).

IMO it isn't all about us going over there and getting a result either - WS is playing negative tactics which don't even suit the personnel we have on offer, so even if we DO make it through we will end up playing the same negative tactics and Werder Bremen will lap that up and take us apart IMO.

I dont think Gazza_8 was saying that Pana are better than us, he never even looked at their performance other than to say that Pana never broke sweat.

The fact of the matter is that we didn't a game that was there for the taking and it doesnt matter much whether that is down to bad luck or poor play.

We now have to go to their patch where they SHOULD be a more formidable proposition.

Ian, it isnt about whether we should beat every team that we play. You actually allude to this yourself when you said that they gave us 3-4 scoring chances - if they are that much of a poorer team than us then why did we set out a defensive formation and with a midfielder up front ?

A European tie at home to a mediocre team and WS plays negative tactics - he should have been going for the jugular (within reason, obviously a 2-3-5 formation isnt called for but neither is a very negative 4-5-1).

IMO it isn't all about us going over there and getting a result either - WS is playing negative tactics which don't even suit the personnel we have on offer, so even if we DO make it through we will end up playing the same negative tactics and Werder Bremen will lap that up and take us apart IMO.

Craig, all i'm saying is i'm happy the way things are going,playing wise,I still have nightmares about PLG and the way we were playing then.

WS was / is the right manager to come in at this time and has done excellent in a short period of time,and eventually we will bring in some '' classy '' players.I just think some fans want instant success and have a short memory,give the man a chance and we will get back to where we were,DOMINANT.If there's a better manger out there who can do better,thing bring him in,untill then get off his back,we are 4 points clear in the SPL,we are in a cup final,still in the Scottish cup and we are still in europe :confused:

Beginning to think that Smith/McCoist have got SERIOUS problem with Kris Boyd, the way he rarely starts games these days yet when he does come on he invariably scores. Hell McCoists scoring records could be under threat if they gave the guy a chance. Sounds like he played every other forward the night apart from the one most likely to get a goal.

Malky