Rangers v Panathinaikos

It surely must be dis-heartening for the players when their manager doesnt think they are good enough to go out and attack teams at home???

0-0 simply isnt good enough and the only person to blame is the manager.

I asked the question earlier - I wonder what the players think of Smiths tactics and team selection?

They must wonder themselves why the fuck we play 1 up front against piss poor teams away from home and average teams at home in europe.

Who would you have played as the two up front in a 4-4-2?

We been through this argument and also if Cousin should play. From the results it looked like Boyd should play with 2 up front an a more or less split decision on Cousin.

I personally wouldnt have had him on. Crying out for a goal, an we did make chances an we leave our top scorer on the bench

be interesting going through the Boyd and Cousin threads over the last few days to see how many people have now changed there mind in hindsight.....

If we play 1 upfront then Boyd isn't the man. If we play 2 upfront then Boyd MUST play. My opinion on Boyd hasn't changed regarding his inability to play the lone striker role, he's pish at it and so is McCulloch but when you're chasing a game and changing formation to play with 2 upfront then Boyd must always get a game.

be interesting going through the Boyd and Cousin threads over the last few days to see how many people have now changed there mind in hindsight.....

I've not posted much this season but i've always agreed with the 'horses for courses' phrase.Tougher games we play away from home in Europe ,when a 4-5-1 is the ideal formation, are the only games where i'd agree that Boyd perhaps should be overlooked. ANY other game - he should playing. Form permitting of course , but he hasnt even been given a run of games to prove his worth.

OK you think they are both shit. If WS was going to bring Cousin off the bench before Boyd, why not play him from the start?

I agree with the critics about the tactics, it should have been 442 especially with the amount of chances we created.

Just waiting for gribz to come in now an say how we missed buffel

I was quite reluctant to come on here tonight because what I thought was going to be said has been said.

Firstly I do not understand why McCulloch was played up front,on his own.

Secondly I do not understand why Cousin was on the bench and came on as sub.

But the fact is we should / could have won 3-4 nil,but for bad luck,and the only time I was frustrated with WS was that as usual he left it too late to bring on subs,IMO he should have changed it at the least with 20-25 minutes to go.

However,again we looked solid in defence and never looked like conceding a goal and I never seen anything about them that worries me and I think we will get the result over there that will see us through.

So over all I thought we played well tonight and we are still competing on all fronts.