Cousin free to play tonight.

he was clearly trying, he was just not that good.

I disagree, his body language is of a man who would rather not be at Ibrox. After me misplaced that pass, he turned away whereas his team-mates ran back to defend their attack. He moaps about, im not denying the boy has talent but he doesnt play for the jersey

So how do we think Cousin did tonight? Thought he did OK, had a few good touches. That one desperate pass will stick in the minds of most I think.

What do we think the outcome of the FIFA review will be? Personally I think they are stalling and stalling as if to give hope, but the final outcome will be a 'NO!'.

Should never have been near the park tonight,and when he did come on he did f***k all,the fact that he was there must have done wonders for the rest of the players who weren't involved :confused:

Picking Cousin to play was short-termism of the kind most fans berate Murray for. Is Walter guilty of just the same.

Also why Cousin is so highly regarded when he's played approximately two good games is baffling. I can see he has the attributes that should make him a quality player, but if rarely actually produces, what's the point?

Picking Cousin to play was short-termism of the kind most fans berate Murray for. Is Walter guilty of just the same.

Also why Cousin is so highly regarded when he's played approximately two good games is baffling. I can see he has the attributes that should make him a quality player, but if rarely actually produces, what's the point?

I can see the logic in playing him but the risk of him getting injured is high so it's a fine line to get it right.

Agree 100% with your 2nd point.

I can see the logic in playing him but the risk of him getting injured is high so it's a fine line to get it right.

Agree 100% with your 2nd point.

My first point was not solely in relation to his transfer, but in terms of the negative impact it has on other memebers of the squad who will be here for the duration. The ngetive impact on their attitude, their development a mssed opportunity for experience etc etc. If we're going to berate the boardroom staff for short term thinking then I think it's fair game to accuse the management of the same.

I disagree, his body language is of a man who would rather not be at Ibrox. After me misplaced that pass, he turned away whereas his team-mates ran back to defend their attack. He moaps about, im not denying the boy has talent but he doesnt play for the jersey

i agree, but his body language has always been like that. i should have said he didnt look like he tried any less than he normally tries. :D

My first point was not solely in relation to his transfer, but in terms of the negative impact it has on other memebers of the squad who will be here for the duration. The ngetive impact on their attitude, their development a mssed opportunity for experience etc etc. If we're going to berate the boardroom staff for short term thinking then I think it's fair game to accuse the management of the same.

Unfortunately, I believe that 99% of our squad would accept the same deal as Cousin if they had the chance.

It's the nature of the game these days. :sigh:

Unfortunately, I believe that 99% of our squad would accept the same deal as Cousin if they had the chance.

It's the nature of the game these days. :sigh:

I disagree m8, money is of course very important but so is winning trophies for some IMO and staying near family and some families might not be happy to move away where they know no-one. it's not like they're getting paid pennies at Rangers and unless you are very careless you and your family will be set up for life after you stop playing or move from Rangers. Most players who leave will never win a thing in the EPL or elsewhere as they won't be joining the top teams, it does happen that a player can be happy to stay at a club.

I think cousin's past troubles with clubs shows, to me anyway, he is just out to get the most money he can make no matter who it's with, which I have nothing against really but that's no good to any club IMO. Will he move again in 6 months if he's not happy at Fulham, if he goes there? I think quite a few of our players want to be here and wouldn't dream of joining a team who could easily and for me probably will get relagated. That's my opinion anyway.

If his move to Fulham goes through there is NO WAY FIFA will let him move again at the end of the season. I just hope he realises that he will have to tough it out in the Championship till the next transfer window in January 2009 (unless of course he appeals the legislation to the European courts).