[FT] Rangers 4 (Lawrence 10; Cerny 31, 55; Igamane 72) - 0 FCSB

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

Why do you think that is though? Could it be that the Killie pitch didn't suit the likes of Cerny? Or is it more that the players see the prestige value of turning it on in Europe?

We can't beat a low block. 

If FCSB had camped out in their own box like Killie did then it would have been a different game. 

3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

That's my point: if they don't score goals (which is their main contribution because they don't assist) then they do very little. Dessers started well, then it dried up. Lawrence continues to contribute, which is why I didn't think he deserved to be left out. 

I'm not criticising them, per se, that's their game. They are useful in certain situations - over the past couple of years I've called for Lawrence's inclusion in certain games because we needed a goal threat from deep. 

I don't think I'm being controversial. 

Don't think anyone is attempting to be controversial but there is a growing section of fans who, for whatever reason, will never be happy with Dessers or Lawrence no matter what they contribute.

It would be interesting to see if those criticising Lawrence and Dessers are the same fans who are pining / talk up players who are never available or contribute little when they are available.

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

We can't beat a low block. 

If FCSB had camped out in their own box like Killie did then it would have been a different game. 

... and that is what teams in Scotland do against us bar the Scum and teams in half a handful of games per season, if they think they can do it. And that is the case since Warburton ...

They say: Never change a running system! But never change a broken system?

Edited by der Berliner

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Don't think anyone is attempting to be controversial but there is a growing section of fans who, for whatever reason, will never be happy with Dessers or Lawrence no matter what they contribute.

It would be interesting to see if those criticising Lawrence and Dessers are the same fans who are pining / talk up players who are never available or contribute little when they are available.

Yes, that will always be the case. 

*cough* Yilmaz *cough*

:D 

It was nice to watch a European match were there was no coloured smoke wafting on to the pitch full marks to the idiots for refraining to set them off but what’s this nonsense with a section of fans who all looked to be in black hooded clothing is this the idiots uniform.