[FT] Rangers 4 (Lawrence 10; Cerny 31, 55; Igamane 72) - 0 FCSB

13 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Absolute imposters. Couldn’t be arsed on Sunday but fancy it tonight.

Why do you think that is though? Could it be that the Killie pitch didn't suit the likes of Cerny? Or is it more that the players see the prestige value of turning it on in Europe?

The victory was enjoyable, but more importantly was the performance and the reaction of most of the players. I'd heard it whispered that the players weren't playing for Clement but last night they clearly were. There was an urgency and energy about us last night that's been missing recently. That suggested to me that the players are still with the manager and were also unhappy with recent performances. That's important in the grand scheme of things. 

I'm far from convinced we've turned a corner or that we won't struggle to breakdown St Mirren on Sunday, but who knows. 

48 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Interesting to listen to McInnes last night talking about Dessers. Said his movement, runs etc were essential for our goals. 

Not for the 1st time, McInnes analysis of our games is refeshing and insightful.

EDIT - thought that Lawrence had a very good 45mins 

Goal #1 - No. He's static in the box. Unless you want to redefine movement and runs to include just being there. A sack of Tatties would do the same job.

Goal #2 - OK, I will give him that. At the very least he gives the defender some doubt as to whether the pass will be slipped through. 

Goal #3 - No. He falls down before he reaches the box.

Goal #4 - No. He's not on the pitch. His replacement scores. 

I actually did agree with what McInnes said about the movement of our double pivot: Barron being freed from being the lone #6, etc.

Like their press conferences, their analysis and insight is refreshing only until they lose their first game, and then the old cliches come out: Beale gave a lot of detail until he waffles; GvB gives them nothing until he mumbles, etc.  

17 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Look, you can interpret it any way you want. Some fans will never take to Dessers and appears Lawrence is also in that list. 

We continually talk down our players, Dessers isn't playing well at the moment, but we're hardly playing well as a team. 

If we're honest, it's not just Lawrence and Dessers that aren't good enough, you could add another 8 or 9 to that list. 

However, neither Lawrence nor Dessers hide and both are contributing more than most this season (thankfully or we'd be in a much worse position). 

That's my point: if they don't score goals (which is their main contribution because they don't assist) then they do very little. Dessers started well, then it dried up. Lawrence continues to contribute, which is why I didn't think he deserved to be left out. 

I'm not criticising them, per se, that's their game. They are useful in certain situations - over the past couple of years I've called for Lawrence's inclusion in certain games because we needed a goal threat from deep. 

I don't think I'm being controversial.