[FT] Rangers 4 (Lawrence 10; Cerny 31, 55; Igamane 72) - 0 FCSB

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Wont make the game tonight, my kid has some commitments.

I'm sticking by my result doesn't really matter Europa league mantra.

Win tonight changes nothing for the manager, he still needs to win on Sunday.

He's the Rangers manager so rightly or wrongly he's expected to win every game. 

Given out recent EL form, this is a very winnable match but one I can't see us winning which will heap more pressure (rightly or wrongly) on the manager.

I think what we are all looking for is a reaction to a very poor start to the season. Be that change in personal, change of formation and a sign of a system that suits the players, is effective.

Like you, I have other commitments tonight and for the 1st time in years I'm actually glad I'm not going tonight. 

Have no other plans for Sunday so planning to drag myself to Ibrox. However another Sunday type performance / result tonight and I might not bother.

Absolutely scunnered with the manager, team and club at the moment.

28 minutes ago, compo said:

I wonder how many fans will stay away and watch it on the box 

There are still 1000s of tickets available for tonight's game of you look at the Rangers ticket website. 

Add that to those who've purchased and won't attend, going to be a very low crowd tonight. 

After Sunday's pedestrian performance, I'm expecting the manager to freshen up tonight's starting XI. Jefte on the left wing with Bajrami inside allows for a more natural attacking balance and Igamane must replace Dessers in attack. I'd also bring in Raskin for Barron.

GapRbKiXQAIWrop?format=jpg&name=large

Be good to see Bajrami in his right position.  Disagree with sutton_blows_goats though; I think Europe is now more important for several reasons: 1) the league is as good as gone now given Sunday's disaster; 2) a win earns as money; 3) progress earns us prestige and respect beyond these shores. Just wanting to win the poor Scottish league is parochial in the extreme in my view.

11 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Be good to see Bajrami in his right position.  Disagree with sutton_blows_goats though; I think Europe is now more important for several reasons: 1) the league is as good as gone now given Sunday's disaster; 2) a win earns as money; 3) progress earns us prestige and respect beyond these shores. Just wanting to win the poor Scottish league is parochial in the extreme in my view.

I know my opinion is a bit of an outlier. I think Europe was important early on under Gerrard. Now only the CL can add real value for us.

I just don't think we have the squad capable to compete in all fronts and would rather go all in domestically.

I don't think the financial gains from the Europa are significant enough to warrant the effort. Stadium will be half full tonight. If we win the game and get whatever the prize money is (500k euro?) I'd imagine much of that goes into staff win bonuses.

Wee sidenote ...

Kasanwirjo - 166 games (listed) - 92 centre-half - 60 right-back - 8 defensive midfield - left-back 5 - left midfield 1

... not as left back-please. Unless Tavernier wrecks himself somehow, he is as likely to play on forever as we stick with this terrible line-up.

Diomande and Raskin in DM means - like on Sunday - a neat lack of physicality where it matters. Sterling should have played vs Killie, and I would also like to see him tonight.

You can bet your bottom penny that the line-up tonight will be exactly the same that we saw at Rugby Park, with the only possible change being amongst our DM trio, Raskin, Diomande, and/or Barron.