Fenerbahce Terminate Ryan Kent Contract

10 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

The reasons for those fans saying that were entirely different from my reason regarding Kent.

Put simply: I think he's f*cking garbage. 

Even 'peak Kent' only turned up about seven or eight times a season.  I thought he was a flop for the silly money we paid the Scouse tramps.

And you are perfectly entitled to your opinion - hence why forums exist. But to simply say "Thats utter bollocks" or "Time Machines Dont exist" is flawed arguments with no substance. Thats a bit like saying you cant put Maradona down as the greatest ever because there is no time machine to bring him here now therefore we must go with Messi or Ronaldo. 

I thought Kent on his game under Gerrard could rip teams apart. If he had a bit more of a final ball or scoring then he wouldnt have ever been at Rangers in the first place. 

32 minutes ago, Gribz said:

But to simply say "Thats utter bollocks" or "Time Machines Dont exist" is flawed arguments with no substance.

Time machines do not exist.  That's a very straightforward, indisputable fact.

As Rousseau has pointed out, Kent's stats are worse than Cerny's, Cortez's, Matondo's and McCausland's, so my 'utter bollocks' comment definitely does have substance. 

9 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Time machines do not exist.  That's a very straightforward, indisputable fact.

As Rousseau has pointed out, Kent's stats are worse than Cerny's, Cortez's, Matondo's and McCausland's, so my 'utter bollocks' comment definitely does have substance. 

So by that method of thought I should rule out Maradona as the best ever player and Laudrup as my best ever Ranger. Comparing sport stars past and present is a daily debate worldwide.

Stats are never accurate when it comes to players and managers - they only reflect certain aspects and when in percentages its even worse until a player or manager completes the same amount of matches. Differing circumstances can also affect stats. I wonder what Man City's XG stat will be for their upcoming match and what the odds are of them achieving it. 

1 hour ago, Gribz said:

So by that method of thought I should rule out Maradona as the best ever player and Laudrup as my best ever Ranger. Comparing sport stars past and present is a daily debate worldwide.

Stats are never accurate when it comes to players and managers - they only reflect certain aspects and when in percentages its even worse until a player or manager completes the same amount of matches. Differing circumstances can also affect stats. I wonder what Man City's XG stat will be for their upcoming match and what the odds are of them achieving it. 

I've given Goal Involvements (goals and assists) per 90 above, which is an accurate reflection of their output. That was all I was comparing, despite others putting words in my mouth. 

Stats are pretty accurate; they measure very specific metrics. I think the issues come when people can't reconcile the stats with what they think they see - or what they like - or they overlook the fact that subjective judgements are made on a whole series of different things, which is not what stats are measuring.

As to your favourite player, that's a different argument. I love players like Ronaldinho and Zidane, but their stats are not great. It's just a fact. It doesn't mean they don't put a smile on my face watching them.