Fenerbahce Terminate Ryan Kent Contract

56 minutes ago, CammyF said:

You're the one moving goalposts. 

Stats don't paint an entire picture and can cloud the "facts". Otherwise, Tav would be lauded by our entire fanbase rather than ridiculed. 

You said Matondo could terrorise Dortmund  - I asked for an example (still waiting for said example).

So was his end product awful during 55 and the run to EL Final? 

Goal involvement is 1 metric but doesn't define a players ability. 

Kent was / is better player than anyone we currently have, it's that simple. 

Kent would walk into this Rangers team, none of those mentioned would make Gerrard' or even Gio's Rangers teams, no matter the 'stats'.

Better players win leagues. Again, you've skirted around this. 

Our current squad is the weakest and poorest quality since the days of Pedro. That's not disillusionment, its my opinion and currently being 3rd in league, dismantled by Lyon and Celtic, failing to beat the poorest Hearts team in decades and struggling to play basic football backs that up.

Too many Rangers fans trying way too hard to convince themselves that the current players are good enough to win leagues and go deep into European compitions whilst its blatnently obvious they aren't.

Kent was never the same player after Gerrard left. I’ve no idea why. His last two seasons at Rangers weren’t great.

However we are in desperate need for someone to play wide left. Matondo & Cortes simply can’t stay fit for long enough and we’ve been  using Barjami there at present. 

Would it be a good idea to bring back Kent on a short term deal in January?

Don’t know is the short answer. Clement knows all about Kent having tried to sign him before for Bruges. Whether he’s worth the risk or is willing to accept a short term deal on much lower wages than previous would be open to debate but Matondo or Cortes are not the answer wide left

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

Kent was never the same player after Gerrard left. I’ve no idea why. His last two seasons at Rangers weren’t great.

However we are in desperate need for someone to play wide left. Matondo & Cortes simply can’t stay fit for long enough and we’ve been  using Barjami there at present. 

Would it be a good idea to bring back Kent on a short term deal in January?

Don’t know is the short answer. Clement knows all about Kent having tried to sign him before for Bruges. Whether he’s worth the risk or is willing to accept a short term deal on much lower wages than previous would be open to debate but Matondo or Cortes are not the answer wide left

Far too sensible post - remove it once. 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

It was in your reply to me. 

It was,but so were a lot of other points that were overlooked.

It was a general comment that from what I hear and read,some Rangers fans are attempting to convince themselves that PC is our saviour and our team is good enough to win league and do well in Europe.

I just don't see it.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

It was,but so were a lot of other points that were overlooked.

It was a general comment that from what I hear and read,some Rangers fans are attempting to convince themselves that PC is our saviour and our team is good enough to win league and do well in Europe.

I just don't see it.

Neither do I. 

23 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Neither do I. 

In reality it's not his or the players ultimately to blame. The best coach and best players within our limited budget will only take us so far.

As long as Celtic have better players than us, are better coached than us and better ran than us, we're farting against thunder.