Fenerbahce Terminate Ryan Kent Contract

16 minutes ago, CammyF said:

You haven't answered one question I've posed to you. 

Again, is goal involvement the only measurable stat? 

Again, is a players ability purely judged on goal involvement? 

Again, show me an example of Matondo terrorising a team like Dortmund.  In fact show me an example of Matondo terrorising any team in his time at Rangers?

Again, post their winners medals whilst at Rangers?

It is a fact that Kent is a better player than Matondo.

You're literally arguing with yourself. 

I've only stated that Kent's return is very poor. It's a fact. 

I've not claimed Matondo is a better player - that's you moving the goalposts - only that his goal involvement per 90 is better. It's a fact. 

For me, goal involvement is a key metric; It's their job. If it was just winners medals then Scott Wright is better than all the players mentioned above (3 vs Kent's 2).

Kent was a good servent, but your disillusionment with our current predicament is clouding your judgement (my opinion): his end product was awful (fact). 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

You're literally arguing with yourself. 

I've only stated that Kent's return is very poor. It's a fact. 

I've not claimed Matondo is a better player - that's you moving the goalposts - only that his goal involvement per 90 is better. It's a fact. 

For me, goal involvement is a key metric; It's their job. If it was just winners medals then Scott Wright is better than all the players mentioned above (3 vs Kent's 2).

Kent was a good servent, but your disillusionment with our current predicament is clouding your judgement (my opinion): his end product was awful (fact). 

You're the one moving goalposts. 

Stats don't paint an entire picture and can cloud the "facts". Otherwise, Tav would be lauded by our entire fanbase rather than ridiculed. 

You said Matondo could terrorise Dortmund  - I asked for an example (still waiting for said example).

So was his end product awful during 55 and the run to EL Final? 

Goal involvement is 1 metric but doesn't define a players ability. 

Kent was / is better player than anyone we currently have, it's that simple. 

Kent would walk into this Rangers team, none of those mentioned would make Gerrard' or even Gio's Rangers teams, no matter the 'stats'.

Better players win leagues. Again, you've skirted around this. 

Our current squad is the weakest and poorest quality since the days of Pedro. That's not disillusionment, its my opinion and currently being 3rd in league, dismantled by Lyon and Celtic, failing to beat the poorest Hearts team in decades and struggling to play basic football backs that up.

Too many Rangers fans trying way too hard to convince themselves that the current players are good enough to win leagues and go deep into European compitions whilst its blatnently obvious they aren't.

Edited by CammyF

46 minutes ago, CammyF said:

You're the one moving goalposts. 

Stats don't paint an entire picture and can cloud the "facts". Otherwise, Tav would be lauded by our entire fanbase rather than ridiculed. 

You said Matondo could terrorise Dortmund  - I asked for an example (still waiting for said example).

So was his end product awful during 55 and the run to EL Final? 

Goal involvement is 1 metric but doesn't define a players ability. 

Kent was / is better player than anyone we currently have, it's that simple. 

Better players win leagues.

Our current squad is the weakest and poorest quality since the days of Pedro. That's not disillusionment, its my opinion and currently being 3rd in league, dismantled by Lyon and Celtic, failing to beat the poorest Hearts team in decades and struggling to play basic football backs that up.

Kent would walk into this Rangers team, none of those mentioned would make Gerrard' or even Gio's Rangers teams, no matter the 'stats'.

I'm not, and haven't been, challenging your opinion that Kent was a good player. You're entitled to it.

I've only said his return was poor, which was factual. 

You've then went off on different tangents trying to argue against a fact.

I don't see the point of this. 

36 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Too many Rangers fans trying way too hard to convince themselves that the current players are good enough to win leagues and go deep into European compitions whilst its blatnently obvious they aren't.

Who? 

Everyone on here is quite critical of the team. 

(Are you trying to put made up arguments in my mouth?) 

Just now, Rousseau said:

I'm not, and haven't been, challenging your opinion that Kent was a good player. You're entitled to it.

I've only said his return was poor, which was factual. 

You've the went off on different tangents trying to argue against a fact.

I don't see the point of this. 

Well stop replying.... simples 😉

No, no and a thousand times no.

He's a shadow of the player he was at his best for us.

Koppen has spoken about the trading model recently, Kent coming in on big wages and a signing fee on a short term deal whilst investing big in Cortés makes no sense whatsoever.

We want the board to stop fixating on the clubs success in the past and create new glorious history in the here and now - the fans begging Kent to come back fly's in the face of that.

I'll greet if we sign him again. It would be an indictment.