Fenerbahce Terminate Ryan Kent Contract

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Erm what have those players won for us? Stats don't and never will tell the whole story. 

Are you really saying Matondo is a better player than Kent and has contributed more than Kent? 

Please post trophies won at Rangers stat, win game % and goals, assists, dribbles etc in games as well. 

You're claiming as fact a subjective opinion. 

The raw stats show that Matondo has a better goal involvement than Kent.

You can opine that Kent has contributed more, but you cannot claim it as fact. 

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It's not a matter of opinion; it's a fact: Kent's goal involvement return is rather poor.

We should have won the league last season with three of those four, so it's not outwith the realms of possibility. We reached a EL final with Kirk Broadfoot. 

Matondo could terrorise Dortmund - he can beat a man like Kent. (I feel like Cortes could, but then again, I've not seen him do it enough. I also get the sense he doesn't like to beat his man like he should.)

I'm not making any judgements - a lot of it is subjective - all I'm saying is that Kent's return is rather poor, which is fact. 

Matondo can't terrorise Dundee never mind Dortmund - what's his European record with Rangers? Golas scored, chances created, and penalties won etc? Name one European game where Matondo has terrorised a defence?

We should have won the league but didn't. We crumbled after losing at home to Motherwell and were overtaken and finished way off Celtic.

We did reach the EL Final with Kirk Broadfoot, what's your point? Scott Wright played in an EL Final. 

Look back at us winning 55 and our run to EL Final and watch / note Kent's involvement. He did things those mentioned could only dream off. 

This continual knocking and playing down ex-players contribution is nothing short of embarrassing especially given the current state of our squad. 

What next, Ridvan better than than Borna and Jefte combined 😉 

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

So football ability is purely based on stats? Is a players only measurable stat "goal involvement"? 

Show me their trophy stats won whilst with Rangers?

Edited by CammyF

10 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

No I'm not, answer the question - is Matondo a better player than Kent? 

33 minutes ago, CammyF said:

They have a full quota of foreign players and want to sign another (at least 1) so have to let one of their foreign players leave. No one wanted to leave so their terminating contracts. 

Yes. So, why ditch Kent? Why did they want another foreign player instead of him? Was it because he wasn’t performing well?

10 minutes ago, CammyF said:

No I'm not, answer the question - is Matondo a better player than Kent? 

You're moving the goalposts. 

I've not claimed he's a better or worse player - you were doing that and claiming it as fact. 

I've only stated that his return is very poor - and then compared it to the current players which suggests they are slightly better, in terms of Goal Involvements. 

You're entitled to your opinion; just don't claim it as fact. 

6 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Yes. So, why ditch Kent? Why did they want another foreign player instead of him? Was it because he wasn’t performing well?

Maybe the player they are trying to sign plays Kents position? 

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

You're moving the goalposts. 

I've not claimed he's a better or worse player - you were doing that and claiming it as fact. 

I've only stated that his return is very poor - and then compared it to the current players which suggests they are slightly better, in terms of Goal Involvements. 

You're entitled to your opinion; just don't claim it as fact. 

You haven't answered one question I've posed to you. 

Again, is goal involvement the only measurable stat? 

Again, is a players ability purely judged on goal involvement? 

Again, show me an example of Matondo terrorising a team like Dortmund.  In fact show me an example of Matondo terrorising any team in his time at Rangers?

Again, post their winners medals whilst at Rangers?

It is a fact that Kent is a better player than Matondo.