Fenerbahce Terminate Ryan Kent Contract

4 hours ago, Whosthedado said:

The constant want to go back to former players is boring. Have we forgotten what Kent and Morelos were like in the last year of their contracts

Sadly that what's our club has become. A collection of memories of triumphs and players from yesteryear. When got demoted we should have rebooted our whole set up from the bottom and up. We should have created a brand new version of our club that was befitting a football club in the 21st century. What have we got now? A club that lurches from one season to the next without any structure or bigger picture planning. We also have a large amount fan's who seem to think that 9 in a row was a few seasons ago. It gives me no pleasure in saying this but as the Tims have moved forward on all fronts at great pace and we've stagnated and stood still. 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

True, but what about the other seasons? Are we forgetting Kent tearing the likes of Dortmund apart?

His penultimate season with us was even worse. 

His Goals per 90 is 0.15 over 218 games. That's Cortes' numbers after 7 (not quite full) games.

Kent's just not very good; he never has been. He can beat a man but has no end product.

6 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Kent's just not very good; he never has been.

Kent did something worthwhile about once every ten matches during his time here (step-overs don't count - goals and assists do). 

Cerny, Cortez and McCausland are all doing better, in their short time in the first team.  Matondo probably is too but I don't count him because he's rubbish.

Edited by Gonzo79

51 minutes ago, Gribz said:

A bit pedantic - Especially when Ive said I wouldnt have him back due to him not being the same player. 

Exactly - As most of us are saying - the fact is Kent is better than we currently have doesn't mean we want him back. Its not really that difficult to understand. 

29 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

His penultimate season with us was even worse. 

His Goals per 90 is 0.15 over 218 games. That's Cortes' numbers after 7 (not quite full) games.

Kent's just not very good; he never has been. He can beat a man but has no end product.

That's a matter of opinion. Mines is Kent is / was better than Cortes,MacCauland, Matondo and Cerny. Yours is he isn't. 

I'll ask again, can you see Cortes, MacCausland, Cerny or Matondo contributing in us winning the title ot getting to EL Final?

Would any of them terrorise Dortmund like Kent did? 

I'll save you answering, as the answer is no. 

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Exactly - As most of us are saying - the fact is Kent is better than we currently have doesn't mean we want him back. Its not really that difficult to understand. 

Erm...

Apps Mins Goals Assists mins/90 GI per 90
Matondo 65 2572 8 12 29 0.70
Cerny 12 745 3 2 8 0.60
McCausland 56 2343 6 7 26 0.50
Kent 218 17732 33 54 197 0.44
Cortes 8 490 1 1 5 0.37

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

Why did they want to replace him?

They have a full quota of foreign players and want to sign another (at least 1) so have to let one of their foreign players leave. No one wanted to leave so their terminating contracts. 

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Erm...

Apps Mins Goals Assists mins/90 GI per 90
Matondo 65 2572 8 12 29 0.70
Cerny 12 745 3 2 8 0.60
McCausland 56 2343 6 7 26 0.50
Kent 218 17732 33 54 197 0.44
Cortes 8 490 1 1 5 0.37

Erm what have those players won for us? Stats don't and never will tell the whole story. 

Are you really saying Matondo is a better player than Kent and has contributed more than Kent? 

Please post trophies won at Rangers stat, win game % and goals, assists, dribbles etc in games as well. 

Edited by CammyF

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

That's a matter of opinion. Mines is Kent is / was better than Cortes,MacCauland, Matondo and Cerny. Yours is he isn't. 

I'll ask again, can you see Cortes, MacCausland, Cerny or Matondo contributing in us winning the title ot getting to EL Final?

Would any of them terrorise Dortmund like Kent did? 

I'll save you answering, as the answer is no. 

It's not a matter of opinion; it's a fact: Kent's goal involvement return is rather poor.

We should have won the league last season with three of those four, so it's not outwith the realms of possibility. We reached a EL final with Kirk Broadfoot. 

Matondo could terrorise Dortmund - he can beat a man like Kent. (I feel like Cortes could, but then again, I've not seen him do it enough. I also get the sense he doesn't like to beat his man like he should.)

I'm not making any judgements - a lot of it is subjective - all I'm saying is that Kent's return is rather poor, which is fact. 

47 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Sadly that what's our club has become. A collection of memories of triumphs and players from yesteryear. When got demoted we should have rebooted our whole set up from the bottom and up. We should have created a brand new version of our club that was befitting a football club in the 21st century. What have we got now? A club that lurches from one season to the next without any structure or bigger picture planning. We also have a large amount fan's who seem to think that 9 in a row was a few seasons ago. It gives me no pleasure in saying this but as the Tims have moved forward on all fronts at great pace and we've stagnated and stood still. 

100% correct and no amount of posturing about the current set-up cam change this.

We've been left in their shadow, missed a huge opportunity to make Rangers great again (I'd say 2 opportunities - the 2nd after 55).

Really difficult to see how we catch them, never mind overtake them.