Chairman's update

27 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Beg to differ. 

Accounts will shed more light on what our current state and if we are a lost cause or bot. 

The accounts will no doubt reflect in part our relative lack of on-pitch success, our historic lack of ability to sell players on and manage the squad strategically to protect value and generate revenue via player trading... I suspect we will likely have traded at a loss last year, but accounts only reflect a true and fair view at a point in time, which for us is the 30th June.

Since then our squad has gone through a significant change.  Higher earners have mostly been moved on, and replaced with younger and cheaper players.  The club has done a new shirt deal and is making positive noises about the new catering contracts, so commercially at least we appear to be incrementally improving our income  base.

So whatever negatives there may be, the Board will be seeking to balance that with a more optimistic future view.   I'm reasonably confident therefore that we will be a long way off from being a considered a lost cause.

Edited by stewarty

12 minutes ago, stewarty said:

The accounts will no doubt reflect in part our relative lack of on-pitch success, our historic lack of ability to sell players on and manage the squad strategically to protect value and generate revenue via player trading... I suspect we will likely have traded at a loss last year, but accounts only reflect a true and fair view at a point in time, which for us is the 30th June.

Since then our squad has gone through a significant change.  Higher earners have mostly been moved on, and replaced with younger and cheaper players.  The club has done a new shirt deal and is making positive noises about the new catering contracts, so commercially at least we appear to be incrementally improving our income  base.

So whatever negatives there may be, the Board will be seeking to balance that with a more optimistic future view.   I'm reasonably confident therefore that we will be a long way off from being a considered a lost cause.

Aren't the new catering company the one we got rid off due to quality and cost? Seems we are going round in circles with catering companies and not getting quality or value for money for the fans. 

Historically the dodgy vans outside Ibrox offer better quality and value for money. 

The accounts should show how much (or not) NEH is making and then we'll get a good idea of it's ROI.

High earners have (mostly) gone and this is being reflected on performance and results.

The Castore deal should at least show some valuable income along with season ticket sales showing again its the fans who are ploughing money into the club. 

20 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Aren't the new catering company the one we got rid off due to quality and cost? Seems we are going round in circles with catering companies and not getting quality or value for money for the fans. 

Historically the dodgy vans outside Ibrox offer better quality and value for money. 

The accounts should show how much (or not) NEH is making and then we'll get a good idea of it's ROI.

High earners have (mostly) gone and this is being reflected on performance and results.

The Castore deal should at least show some valuable income along with season ticket sales showing again its the fans who are ploughing money into the club. 

All I'm saying is that the club are making positive noises about the changes made in relation to the catering aspect.

The commercials of NEH will be interesting, assuming they are carved out and disclosed specifically.  I don't think that is necessarily required though - I suspect its more likely the accounts will show the totality of commercial income and expenditure, rather than breaking it down to NEH.

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

No.

Koppen and Clement seem to have a far better idea of how to sort out the squad than the previous two management teams.  Obviously, it's too early to really gauge that seriously but we've brought in some decent looking young players, whilst getting rid of a few past it high earners. 

7 minutes ago, stewarty said:

All I'm saying is that the club are making positive noises about the changes made in relation to the catering aspect.

The commercials of NEH will be interesting, assuming they are carved out and disclosed specifically.  I don't think that is necessarily required though - I suspect its more likely the accounts will show the totality of commercial income and expenditure, rather than breaking it down to NEH.

But the catering company we gave the new deal to is one we previously gotten rid off. Hardly seems to me that that's showing us moving forward, it's moving backwards.

We should be asking what NEH ROI is given the cost of circa £12M - its completely under utilised (outwith the museum) and this will be shown in its ROI. 

28 minutes ago, CammyF said:

its completely under utilised

Always seems busy on matchdays and I'd imagine with gigs etc. It might take a while to build up a steady turnover.  

45 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Always seems busy on matchdays and I'd imagine with gigs etc. It might take a while to build up a steady turnover.  

Don't think any gigs have sold out other than the opening gigs. I went to see Dirty DC and wasn't anywhere near full (decent gig, good venue and sound was excellent).

Match day income isn't all year round and don't think it's busy for "live away games".

Only us the fans can make it a success, by going and using it. However, with little or no gigs scheduled (other than tribute acts), it's never going to take off.

You can go and watch live music in Glasgow most nights, so the artists are out there, the crowd are out there we just don't seem to be able to book acts.

At £12M it's a very expensive match day pub.