Chairman's update

https://www.rangers.co.uk/Article/chairmans-update/1Tq8zMGdkolpAAB2CUmZKP

HAVING been in the role of interim chairman for around a month now, I wanted to give supporters an update on matters across the club.

It is great to be back in our Ibrox home, where domestically we have taken maximum points and no goals conceded. Of course, there are some finishing works to be undertaken in the Copland. We continue to thank supporters there, who have been disrupted more than most, for their ongoing patience.

Not much of note to make this update worthwhile and I'm still confused at our inability to fill key executive roles. Surely the club has managed lists of targets in the event people leave - be it players, board members or other staff? We remain unconvincing in our operations.

Good to hear / see communication from the club, but little of note/ content in the statement.

As @Frankie says, the clubs continued inability to fill key positions is very concerning. The time taken is completely unacceptable for an operation/club of our size and standing. 

I wonder what to expect when the financial results are released and what key topics will be discussed at the AGM (probably how hot / cold the pies are).

From the outside, the club looks a mess. 

37 minutes ago, compo said:

It’s only a matter of time before UEFA get right fed up with these pyrotechnics at football grounds and start hitting clubs with a playing behind closed doors sanction.

That has already happened. 

UEFA actually love pyro, as these fines pay for their lavish knees ups and jollies all year round.  

IMO the CEO appointment is the most urgent issue.

Bisgrove leaving was made public about 140 days ago.

"...our recruitment consultants have already produced short lists of very strong and experienced candidates..."

Congratulations John ! 

4 hours ago, buster. said:

IMO the CEO appointment is the most urgent issue.

Bisgrove leaving was made public about 140 days ago.

"...our recruitment consultants have already produced short lists of very strong and experienced candidates..."

Congratulations John ! 

We had and offered the guy from St Mirren the role and he declined. We then appear to have not had a 2nd choice and had to restart the entire process. 

Gilligan said as much in RTV interview when he took charge a few weeks ago. 

5 hours ago, CammyF said:

We had and offered the guy from St Mirren the role and he declined. We then appear to have not had a 2nd choice and had to restart the entire process. 

Gilligan said as much in RTV interview when he took charge a few weeks ago. 

I seem to recall John Gilligan saying that Rangers would be or were revisiting candidates that were in 'a short-list' from which "guy from St.Mirren" was selected.

As an aside, why do you think he knocked us back? I presume he'd happily entered a process that included interview(s).

Edited by buster.