34 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I don’t think McLean and Russell were unsung. McLean was compared unfavourably with his illustrious outside right predecessors in his early days until we ignorant spectators worked out what he was doing.

It's relative.

McLean didn't get the headlines at Rangers. It was more about Greig, Stein, Johnston, Johnstone, Jardine, Parlane, etc.  

He stood out more at Kilmarnock, where he won his Scotland caps and was part of a provincial title winning side.

Russell arrived with Cooper and a free goal scoring Gordon Smith. He played alongside an even more prolific Derek Johnstone. The singing was about these players, not Bobby Russell. Appreciated, but relatively unsung.

40 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

I remember, with pleasure, Daniel Cousin rag-dolling the filth centre backs. 

Kind of heroic, if we stretch the term. 

My mind immediately turns to their left back, Mark Wilson. Cousin just ignored the challenge as an irrelevance on his way through to score the first in a 2-4 win.

22 minutes ago, buster. said:

My mind immediately turns to their left back, Mark Wilson. Cousin just ignored the challenge as an irrelevance on his way through to score the first in a 2-4 win.

Wilson tried to pull Cousin’s jersey but he just dragged him along at his back as if he wasn’t there until he let go & went on to score 😂

46 minutes ago, compo said:

Should sit Tav in front of a telly to watch McLean crossing a ball see if he can learn anything 

Too late, just have him enjoy a video of Sandy Jardine playing at right back.

Tav will be 33 soon.

Jardine won Scottish Player of the year when he was 38.

Edited by buster.

2 hours ago, buster. said:

Too late, just have him enjoy a video of Sandy Jardine playing at right back.

Tav will be 33 soon.

Jardine won Scottish Player of the year when he was 38.

Scary thought that we might have Tav for five more years