Another severely boring International break that has no appeal whatsoever. So to get a Rangers chat going with positivity I was wondering about unsung hero's and who everyone thought would fit into this category. (pretty sure we had one years ago but I couldnt find it and they may be new / more opinions now).

Im only going to name one. My stand out would be Gordon Durie. He was ever reliable, a seriously hard worker, banged in a number of good goals, formed good partnerships and was a regular at both club and international. He also came at the right time as the Hateley / McCoist partnership was just about to decline after Ally broke his leg against Portugal that year.  

So for me Durie went a bit under the radar.

• Rousseau changed the title to Unsung Heros
1 hour ago, JohnMc said:

Davie Macpherson - 276 appearances, 27 caps and never rated by anyone. He looked awkward but was actually really effective. 

Stuart Munro - from the same era, underrated fullback, played 179 times, wasn't signed from Italy or England and so was often overlooked by media, supporters and management. 

Big Slim - would you say his first spell, second spell or both? I ask because I only recall his second period at the club. He was partial to aiming the odd shot at the upper tiers. 

Willie Rae, ten years in the blue mostly an understudy to Ian McColl and Sammy Cox - thankless task - and even outside left in a winning cup final. Here he is making sure no one gets near George Niven. I think it’s Willie Bauld of the Hearts.

IMG_1679.jpeg

Edited by Scott7

John Little succeeded Tiger Shaw and successfully partnered George Young, Eric Caldow and Bobby Shearer. In this photo he torpedoes Paddy Buckley of Aberdeen. Tackles like that were fine in those days but pull somebody’s shirt and you got jeered off the park. Quite right too.

IMG_0904.jpeg

Stuart Munro ... back in the day when I started to follow Rangers. And Robert Fleck. For some reason, fullbacks are high on that list of unsung heroes, like Davie Robertson and Stephen Wright, even Alec Clelland. Pieter Huistra or Dale Gordon. Of late, Dean Shiels and Greg Stewart.