Creag Robertson to leave Rangers

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

You were just telling us how effective bisgrove, Robertson & Wilson were ? 🧐

Robertson was out of his depth at Rangers. Wilson was signing players the manager never wanted. 

You've misunderstood my point.  The point being that last year we spent way more on wages compare to 2021 (approx 30% more), yet achieved far less under their stewardship. 

That isn't an endorsement.

Edited by stewarty

16 hours ago, stewarty said:

You've misunderstood my point.  The point being that last year we spent way more on wages compare to 2021 (approx 30% more), yet achieved far less under their stewardship. 

That isn't an endorsement.

And its a valid one, a point I'd hope every supporter we have desperate for 'investment' should be cognisant of.

16 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

need investment but

No such thing as a free lunch.

3 hours ago, buster. said:

Klaxon, then mouthpiece for Sir Duped/Toxic Jack (TJ), switched sides and went in to bat for 'the good guys' over the spiv years. Other outlets, eg. 'The Scottish Sun' and  BBC Scotland (mainly Chris McLaughlin) were used by TJ on behalf of Green&Co, Easdales, etc.

Ashley actually possessed 'wealth off the radar' and was initially welcomed by much of the support. Another important error. All you had to do was research his M.O. in business, especially at Newcastle United. 

Lesson is not to blindly follow follow mainstream narratives without digging deeper. But unfortunately, we are world record holders for Gullibility. Our supporter groups take Be Divided and Be Conquered, to new levels.

Any prospective spiv group currently looking at Rangers as a potential project will see a support that will be easily bent over.

Just as well that our current custodians are very aware of such dangers. They may be having difficulty in running the club but you can't doubt their motives.

Agreed but all new potential external investors won't necessarily fall into "spiv group". An example is the guy investing in Hearts.

We have to tread carefully in shark infested waters, but without investment in the correct people on and off the pitch (and infrastructure etc) we are doomed to more years / decades of failure and abject misery. 

34 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Agreed but all new potential external investors won't necessarily fall into "spiv group". An example is the guy investing in Hearts.

We have to tread carefully in shark infested waters, but without investment in the correct people on and off the pitch (and infrastructure etc) we are doomed to more years / decades of failure and abject misery. 

The current board don't want anyone or group, who are looking for a controlling shareholding. So, as it stands I don't think that we are in immediate danger of falling into the hands of spivs.

Back in the day, it took an owner, Sir Duped, who was desperate to sell who in turn found a dodgy geezer, Whyte. Who saw the opportunity of a pre packed administration event from the get-go. That was down to our finances allied to the EBT case.

However, the direction of travel isn't encouraging and some of our main shareholders aren't young men.

John Bennett was correct about what is first needed. A solid, secure and viable business that doesn't spend a lot more than it makes every year. 

However, it is one thing saying it and quite another, to change the habit of decades.

Edited by buster.

14 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

It appeared to me that a vast majority of the support were against Ashley's involvement from the start.

That's what I recall too.