Creag Robertson to leave Rangers

Thought I'd make Buster's joke about Sterling into a separate thread.

It's obviously bad news we've lost another important member of staff but there have been suggestions Robertson wasn't the best person for this role. Perhaps a sign a new CEO appointment is imminent? It really is beyond disappointing that Rangers is struggling to fill key positions.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Frankie said:

It's obviously bad news we've lost another important member of staff but there have been suggestions Robertson wasn't the best person for this role. Perhaps a sign a new CEO appointment is imminent? It really is beyond disappointing that Rangers is struggling to fill key positions.

By whom ?

Was 'promoted' last summer when Bisgrove was the CEO.

Looks increasingly like James was given a job (CEO) outwith his capabilities.

And now we have Gilligan in charge.

It is more FFS than the usual FFP.

Scottish institution with the infrastructure of the local bowling club,.. But without the competence or funds in the bank account.

Should have sold the rights to Netflix for a comedy series.

Edited by buster.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I heard Robertson was hired as part of the 'friends of Wilson' campaign along with some other members of staff.

Regardless, its difficult to be concerned about a key member of staff being moved on having delivered nothing but omnishables.

It's not about being concerned as to the individual leaving. It is more about the way the club has and is being run.

Can you trust this lot to appoint a new CEO ? They are so confident in their own judgement or/and want an excuse, they have offloaded the responsibility onto a 'headhunting' agency.

Difficult gig with a relatively small budget to work with. Only way you attract an exceptional candidate is to pay through the nose.

Accounts due out in about a month.

Edited by buster.

32 minutes ago, buster. said:

It's not about being concerned as to the individual leaving. It is more about the way the club has and is being run.

Can you trust this lot to appoint a new CEO ? They are so confident in their own judgement or/and want an excuse, they have offloaded the responsibility onto a 'headhunting' agency.

Difficult gig with a relatively small budget to work with. Only way you attract an exceptional candidate is to pay through the nose.

Accounts due out in about a month.

I don't trust this lot to open a packet of crisps. 

They need to find a modern day David Holmes. I'm not sure the CEO of a kids charity who has navigated his way into the St Mirren boardroom was the answer, so I'm not too displeased that move never transpired.

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I don't trust this lot to open a packet of crisps. 

They need to find a modern day David Holmes. I'm not sure the CEO of a kids charity who has navigated his way into the St Mirren boardroom was the answer, so I'm not too displeased that move never transpired.

The situation today, is very different to when David Holmes was appointed and not in a good way.

If, as it seems, the St.Mirren director turned us down. It doesn't surprise me. I'd already said that it is not an attractive remit/situation, especially for someone 'local'.

As well as the business 'challenge', there is a very public and unattractive toxicity that often appears. Ask John Bennett and his wife.

The main issue confronting a CEO as it stands, is a lack of finance. Add unrealistic expectation levels (timescale) and a main rival (that you are always measured against) being years in front of you.

Edited by buster.