Ianis Hagi returns to Rangers first-team after contract stand-off

I suspect that this deal was negotiated to allow Hagi to showcase why a club should buy him in the next window. Win-win. No skin off our nose to give him an opportunity and if it works out and he contributes then it's another win-win. I'm surprised it took so long to agree terms. 

This isnt bad, I have always thought there is a player in there but it just hasnt shown often enough. He isnt a patch on his father but he is still capable of performing for the next 3 months in the SPL. 

I like him better than Lawrence and Dowell and fast creativity in that No.10 role is what is really lacking at the moment. I dont see Hagi getting much starts though, Phil has shown he doesnt shuffle things much at all and can be very loyal. 

Would take Hagi over Dowell every day of the week, so squad is strengthened for me

He's also kept his head down and played with the youths rather than outright refusing to train (Cantwell)so while only youth football, shouldn't take long for him to be up to fitness

Edited by lenny3k

He probably knows that if he gets a game he'll have to put in a performance that will help everyone especially his price when we flog him .

If I were a club selling Rangers a player, I'd be looking for more cash up front or sell,-on clauses that weren't easy to get out of.

They won't play (Michael) Ball !

Will be good to have Hagi available again. Excellent player at the Scottish level.

Edited by buster.

On 03/10/2024 at 16:56, Graeme Ro55 said:

Chuffed that Hagi is back in the first team squad. Imo he is as talented as, if not more talented than any player at the club at the moment.

Totally agree.  He can be a special player - seen it a few times where he's on the bench and we're doing badly.. no signs of being able to open up oppo.. but then Hagi on at half-time and 0-1 becomes 3-1.

A thing that confuses me is how often fans call him 'wee'.  He's a tall lad.

Re Europa League, he's not in the squad but the question then is, is the Squad we've given for the whole 8 games or just the first 4?  Having said that I think Ianis will be more valuable coming on in domestic games.