Latest VAR review panel outcomes

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I, too, can see why it was given. 

I think everyone can see why it was given yesterday but it was so similar to the one hearts didn’t get at Celtic Park. Why was that I wonder? 🤓

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I thought it was a pretty obvious penalty yesterday (having seen the replays).  

I always base it on whether if it was my team would i want a penalty and yesterdays award was a YES from me.

56 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I think everyone can see why it was given yesterday but it was so similar to the one hearts didn’t get at Celtic Park. Why was that I wonder? 🤓

... which was probably not replayed 15 times on BBC et al?

9 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

I couldn't say whether it is a penalty or not.  There are so many inconsistencies with the handball situation.  

Agreed. The manager has said many times his frustration with the rules as a coach is how does he give his players clear instructions on how to avoid giving away penalties when the rules aren’t clear to anyone. He has a point.

The rule is quite clear but interpretation is subjective.  

If the arm is in an unnatural position and the ball is initially kicked (or headed) from far enough away, it's a penalty. 

Souttar actually moved his arm in the direction of the ball on Sunday, so it was a clear penalty. 

The handball situation is a lot better than it was two or three years ago, when they were giving penalties any time a ball hit an arm.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/09/2024 at 17:42, Gonzo79 said:

Interesting to note that the Swedish clubs (over 50% fan owned) successfully voted against using VAR in their domestic matches. 

A good Calvinist lot are the Swedes (apart from the Malmo manager, the bloke with a face like a Martian and Johan Mjallby).  

mm

Mixed feelings myself but in total I'm for it.   Reason, it's highlighted the cheating and done the job Rangers FC should be doing by looking back.  Trouble is looking back they've just added rationale for the mistakes.. there was an electrical outage was a new one.. 

It's now on Rangers to harass them for 'clarification'. Also, they need to refer to Celtic games.. and the mistakes they gain points from and the ones we lose (or could've lost) from these 'mistakes'.

Let's be absolutely clear, and the number of goals in Rangers games that go to VAR, relates to the abuse that the Rangers hating media and Scottish Clubs throw the way to officials bears this out.  The officials are TERRIFIED to give us decisions and their default now is to refuse anything that benefits us, or hinders any opposition (or Celtic).

So.. all about the club HIGHLIGHTING the inconsistency and applying pressure.  I'd also like to see Rangers put forward a kinda badge of honour re ex players, as the number of these players that basically bash Rangers for a few bucks is so f*cking annoying.  It doesn't happen with that lot over at Parkhead, any sign of not toeing the party line then they become persona non grata.