[FT] Rangers 1 (Lawrence 34') - 0 Hibernian

Barron is the first player i've seen at the club in a long time, that could be a genuine captain .

Not a good idea to do it at this point , but he's putting in consistent performances, and he looks to have the hunger and desire that all good captains have.

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

Still undecided who’s best to play alongside Barron. Radkin didn’t impress yesterday 

Raskin has been out for ages and hardly any minutes to his name this season either. He's not there for the more physical games, but IMHO more forward-minded than most we had recently.

Diomande is a bit of a conundrum. Sometimes it looks like he's there for the joy of the game and action, but forgets what to do with the ball. We've probably the youngest DM/CM in a long time, Barron (22), Diomande (22), Raskin (23) and Sterling also just (24). I'm not sure whether we can make these four click with one another (sometimes we need more steel, sometimes we don't ... yet we always play the same pairing), and at times we need to tell e.g. Diomande that he should stay further forward rather than run about when his presence in the defensive third is not required.

I was rather disappointed with Dowell (also just 26), who IMHO did not occupy free spaces to receive and play the ball as you would expect from someone who's put on for exactly this role. Thus, we often couldn't get out of bother, as there was no player to play a pass to.

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

Baxter was a far better player than either Shearer or Greig but he was never a captain. Barron’s got what it takes to captain the side and he’ll never be as good a player as Ferguson.

He may have what it takes but so might John Souttar. I've said before the role of captain is "over-played" in modern football. We should be looking at having 11 captains / leaders on the pitch.