[FT] Rangers 1 (Lawrence 34') - 0 Hibernian

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

Just back home from the match. I wish I had stayed at home!!. 3pts, clean sheet, great goal, that's it!.

At least you got in but maybe a blessing for me as I enjoyed my time in pub after ST not working.😀

4 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

At least you got in but maybe a blessing for me as I enjoyed my time in pub after ST not working.😀

Appeared to be a lot of issues with smart cards today. Queue at TO was massive even 1hr before kick-off. 

3 hours ago, yuddie said:

I'm sorry but this whole McCausland/Cerny/Sterling decision making with the subs and lineup is utterly bizarre.

Clement wants players to be direct and proactive - McCausland gives you that. Cerny didn't. So let's sub McCausland (a RW) and keep Cerny on to then replace him with a RB.

Just can't get my head round this.

US: "You're playing all the wrong players!"

CLEMENTE: "No, I'm playing all the right players, just not necessarily in the right positions!"

The Thursday/Sunday and Hibs having 2 weeks is a valid point, but the lads will get this one and no more from me considering we'll be doing this until January.

Clement is tying himself into knots with all these square pegs into round holes.

Edited by yuddie

I'd usually be delighted to beat Hibs and very vocal at the game and after it. The performance was very sub standard and that's being kind. We were fortunate to get the 3 points and that sticks in my throat to admit that

20 hours ago, Rousseau said:

The only disappointing change, for me, was McCausland coming off, but if he took a knock - @der Berliner? - then fair enough. 

It was noted over on the German board shortly after HT. Some X feed reply said that both he and Raskin signalled to the bench during the first half. Neither looked in any bother ... from over here 😎

Hibs took the game to us in the second half, and we didn't look comfortable at all. Sterling and Kasanwirjo look to be more on the aggressive side, so no problem bringing them on. My main point of bother was that we didn't have enough attacking people on (even though Sterling tried his best) to keep Hibs occupied in their own half. But that is a feature for ages now. Two or three attackers shall prevail against 4 or 6 defenders, who, if they get the ball, lump it over our midfield (and preferably to the flanks left empty by our fullbacks), and we soon end up in bother. But in saying this, I only preach to the converted anyway ... 

Trying "to play out of defence" is also one of these things that makes you scream at the monitor. Even if the manager thinks otherwise, these chaps out there should know what to do. Which adds to the frustration.