[FT] Rangers 1 (Lawrence 34') - 0 Hibernian

Did Butland actually touch the ball for the corner during which Souttar handled the ball? The latter was given because he raised the elbow higher than what is deemed natural, so no problem with this.

So far, we toil on, as per usual against Hibs, who know how to hit us on the counter. Very little to show for in the final third, which is once more down to having too few attackers there. Lawrence, aside from his goal, was hardly to be seen, Cerny was hitting every player in front of him ... and much of the real threat came via McCausland and Jefte. Raskin looks willing and capable to spray passes, but looks short of game time (no wonder). I'd chuck Cerny at HT, bring on Bajrami and possibly even Dessers for Lawrence. Not what Clement will do, though.

Remakrs on X that both McCaulsand and Raskin signalled to get off at HT in the first half.

Some brutal stuff there at the back. There's hardly anything that Dowell and Lawrence offer in games like these, get Sterling on please.

I'm sorry but this whole McCausland/Cerny/Sterling decision making with the subs and lineup is utterly bizarre.

Clement wants players to be direct and proactive - McCausland gives you that. Cerny didn't. So let's sub McCausland (a RW) and keep Cerny on to then replace him with a RB.

Just can't get my head round this.

• Rousseau changed the title to Rangers 1 (Lawrence 34') - 0 Hibernian
  • Rousseau changed the title to [FT] Rangers 1 (Lawrence 34') - 0 Hibernian

Another poor match for Cerny. In his mind he knows what he wants to do, but his body doesn't execute it. 

I would much prefer McCausland to be first choice. 

Fortunately Cerny is only on loan.