[FT] Malmo 0 - 2 Rangers (Bajrami 1; McCausland 76)

Some real positives for the manager manager last night, who has had to front up for the club in recent weeks more than he ought to.

He's slowly coaching this group into a decent team; looking forward to building on this momentum.

Agree with a lot of the positive comments about various players - Bejrami, Souttar, Diomande, etc; but the centre half union obliges me to comment on Propper who I thought was really steady and excellent on the ball.  There were quite a few times where he pinged balls quickly between the lines as it broke to him, and it really put Malmo on the back foot just at moments where they were trying to press forward.

3 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

He wasn't only one last night Cerny'was unforgivable.

Agreed, there were 3 or 4 chances that fell to other players who should have scored. 

Thought Dessers deserves praise for his work-rate and hold up / link up play last night even at the times he was completely isolated.

Edited by CammyF

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Thought Dessers deserves praise for his work-rate and hold up / link up play last night even at the times he was completely isolated.

This has been a long term problem IMO, I like Dessers, his work rate & his willingness to keep trying has always been there! last night I thought we got more men forward more often to support him and we looked dangerous on the break because of that!.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Agreed, there were 3 or 4 chances that fell to other players who should have scored. 

There was that one moment in the second half which my monitor will remember for some time (because I was going mildly hysterical). Dessers received the ball in their half, had two guys on him, yet all our fellow attackers went backwards to the halfway line rather than supporting him.

6 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

but made this our first ever win in Sweden in Europe, and beat Swedish opposition in Europe for the first time too.

Be quite difficult to beat Swedish opposition in a domestic match.  🤣

I thought Dessers was really poor last night. 

His hold up play wasn't good - outwith a couple of instances. He lost the most duels (ground and aerial) of anyone in the match, by quite a distance. This from a player that had very few touches compared to everyone else. 

He's a big guy; you'd expect him to dominate more. 

He also missed an open goal. 

You can never question his work rate, though.