[FT] Malmo 0 - 2 Rangers (Bajrami 1; McCausland 76)

Enjoyed that tonight in a masochistic way.  We spurned so many decent chances and should have put the game to bed in the first half.  We played some great one touch football.  Excellent team performance.  Propper's best performance, Kas did really well for his first start.  Bajrami looking very impressive.  Well done to the manager again.  Don't think we had a failure.  

Edited by Blue Moon
Typo

9 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Considering what's happened this season I'm struggling to see how you've watched that game and felt we lacked composure. I thought we were brave and progressive. Obviously our finishing could be far better but a new team will take time to develop. There are so many positives to take from tonight. Barton, Diamonde, Barjami, Nana, Souttar and Propper. 

The game I watched for periods we were sloppy on the ball, gave possession away far too easily and conceded needless fouls. 

At the start of the 2nd half we couldn't get out our own half (as we couldn't keep hold of the ball). For large periods of 1st half we were sloppy, yet still created 2 great chances in the later stages of that half - that showed lack of composure and bravery. 

I said at halftime there were positives, mainly Tav and Dessers performances. 

Also said at full time that there were positives - praised the back 4 and said midfiled competed and Dessers held ball up and brought others into the game.

it is possible to see the positives and the negatives - we've still a long, long way to go. 

2 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Excellent rendition of a great tune and what a result 👏🏻

Looks like the new bunch can get up for a European match, like the last lot. Good, we badly need some positivity coming from somewhere in the club. No better place than the pitch.

Lyon match will probably tell us more.

Edited by buster.

4 hours ago, CammyF said:

Thinking after that game tonight, why have we been better suited to Europa League football in the last 4-5 years than we are to domestic (55 season apart)?

We've taken on and beaten some really good teams, continually gotten to business end of the EL as well as the final.

Could it be purely down to the Scottish referees?

Only saw the second half but it was as comfortable as could be and they didnt look like scoring even if they were still playing now. As good a result as it is the sitters were bad misses. 

McCausland and Bajrami - easily the best options in the wide areas and should be starting from now on. Barron is growing into that midfield role nicely but if we could get that extra bit in the No.10 role it could change everything and we could give teams a hiding - I sometimes look at our play and think that we could still go up a couple of gears.