[FT] Malmo 0 - 2 Rangers (Bajrami 1; McCausland 76)

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

He worked hard, can't fault him for that.  The main issue is his ability to hold the ball up - he really isn't very good at that.  I think he's actually quite good at assists/lay-offs and his conversation rate is sometimes good/sometimes bad.  

Hold up or lay offs are two different things, as you know. Holding the ball up until you get support, players breaking forward at pace and laying it off is what I am talking about which he did well at.

8 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

The guys positioning and anticipation is incredibly good, really top class, he gets himself into goalscoring positions frequently, every game.

I'll give him that.

Like every good striker, he has the ability, temperament and mindset not to let missed chances bother / get to him. 

Hoping this gives us a morale boost that we can kick on from. No shots on target against is very encouraging. Have to say I thought Malmo were tactically awful and we will have much tougher games ahead in Europe. 

11 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Hibs won't play like Malmo did.  They'll keep it tight and be well up for it, so it's a different thing entirely. 

However, they're shite, so we need to beat them.  

We've been starting fast recently, at least for a good few weeks.

Even at Parkhead we were on top initially.

If we start playing like we do in the first 30 from 30-90 we'll be a decent outfit imo.

20 minutes ago, yuddie said:

If we start playing like we do in the first 30 from 30-90 we'll be a decent outfit imo.

I think that's one of our major flaws - we do play some nice stuff but it usually lasts three or four minutes and manage it two or three times per match.  We need the good spells to last longer.