[FT] Malmo 0 - 2 Rangers (Bajrami 1; McCausland 76)

Going away to the Swedish champions that we and every other Scottish team struggle against, having more of the ball in the first half - not giving them a sniff in both and actually, on the face of it, battering them.

If you can't praise the lads after that then might I suggest CBT?

I'm happy to slaughter them after rolling over at Parkhead but you've got to give them their flowers when they put in a good performance.

A lot of you lads will have lived Rangers in Europe in the 90's, we are not in a position to be displeased with these showings.

Edited by yuddie

14 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

He's a big guy; you'd expect him to dominate more. 

Definitely one of the most frustrating aspects of his game.  Constantly bullied, giving away the ball and falling over.  

Imagine last night if we had a much better 9 and 10 playing (Lawrence wasn't very good either).  

13 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Could it be purely down to the Scottish referees?

Think it's also down to the fact that we are usually underdogs in Europe, whereas at home we are expected to win against all but one team. Also we are not having to deal with ultra-defensive set-ups.

A word of praise for our much maligned defence. When you stop the opposition from getting a shot on goal, you are doing something right.

The defensive performance saved the blushes of the missed chances at the other end.

6 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I thought Dessers was really poor last night. 

His hold up play wasn't good - outwith a couple of instances. He lost the most duels (ground and aerial) of anyone in the match, by quite a distance. This from a player that had very few touches compared to everyone else. 

He's a big guy; you'd expect him to dominate more. 

He also missed an open goal. 

You can never question his work rate, though. 

The open goal you mention, was that at the opening goal? If so, bit unfair as it was a very tight angle.

I listened to Ally McCoist last night who we'll all agree has forgotten more about playing number 9 for Rangers than we'll all ever know, he was full of praise for Dessers.

Talking the game through with a couple of pals last night (1 who doesn't support Rangers) and we came to the conclusion that Tav and Dessers must be the two over-analysed and over -scrutinised players in the history of the club. 

Edited by CammyF

20 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Don't know if I'd say very tight angle, he's 6yds out, about the same wide, so circa 45deg.

That still is after he played the ball. I mean it's not ronny rosenthal or Patrick Roberts levels, but it ain't good.

Screenshot_20240927_194933_Gallery.jpg

Did it cost us a goal?