[FT] Rangers 3 - 0 Dundee (we now face Motherwell in semi-final)

8 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

They were right behind the bloody goals or I was at wrong match/stadium.Also with the empty seats either side of them IMO showed that not all of even them attended game,

They were right of centre and the average TV camera angle did not capture them, only play in the right side of our box captured them. A missed opportunity for a better TV spectacle.

The Dessers v Boyd debate is quite interesting but they are miles different. Boyd couldnt really miss when he got a chance except in big games and his work rate was awful. Dessers for me is a trier and works much harder but he spoons much more chances than he scores but he is still notching goals up. I was very critical of Boyd back in the day for his overall contribution out with goals but for Dessers Im more critical of his technique I.E v Dundee Utd last week there was a chance in the first half he should have taken first time but he waiting way to long. 

As such Im more realistic in that Boyd was in an era where we had much better players and were financially better off, we had Prso, Darcheville, Cousin and of course Miller around those times so the standard was much higher. Dessers hasnt been helped with multiple squad changes in the players behind him and injuries to Sima and Danilo last season so he's had to carry the can the majority of time. I would be bringing in a top class sharp finisher in the mould of Defoe to work with Dessers on the training ground so he could become a bit more deadly in the box.

1 hour ago, Gribz said:

As such Im more realistic in that Boyd was in an era where we had much better players and were financially better off, we had Prso, Darcheville, Cousin and of course Miller around those times so the standard was much higher.

Boyd also cost 500k and was on ten grand a week. Dessers was about 5 million and not far off 30k per week. So Boyd’s shortcomings were far more palatable.

20 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Boyd also cost 500k and was on ten grand a week. Dessers was about 5 million and not far off 30k per week. So Boyd’s shortcomings were far more palatable.

I don’t think Dessers is on anywhere near £30k per week 

Kris Boyd scored goals but for some reason struggled to score against Celtic for both Rangers and Killie.

When Boyd was at his best, he had Kenny Miller as his partner. Miller would do all the running, harassing, pulling defenders all over the place and Boyd would reap the rewards.

However, Kenny Miller could also scored goals and his record against Celtic in his 2nd spell at the club was fantastic. 

Dessers would undoubtedly benefit from having a strike partner (as would the team in my opinion) but we don't have that luxury and the manager only plays 1 up top.

7 goals in 9 from Dessers this season are great numbers but we are over-relient on him.

Make no excuses for saying this again, but if Dessers isn't scoring, Rangers fornrhe most part, aren't scoring. 

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

That was 20 years ago prices and there is a huge trend of SPL players going on the cheap, its a cheaper market.