[FT] Rangers 3 - 0 Dundee (we now face Motherwell in semi-final)

4 hours ago, CammyF said:

But we will struggle to gey someone who'll do what you want. 

Who do you suggest we sign that will score 20+ goals a season including winners in every OF game? 

I think if we just accept that finding a good striker is impossible we might aswell give up, tbh I have not been scouting on who we should sign I will only judge what we have as I only really watch Rangers. What I do know is dessers is decent but is not proving it in the big games nearly a year and half on, one in five vs them is ok if he is a presence and drags the team up the pitch but he is neither in old firm games, your constant hyping him up and not looking at his faults is blinding you to what he does in games I do not think I have seen you ever criticise him or call him out even after the old firm, blindly supporting him offers nothing to the discussion, desser is a decent back up I would even sell danilo over him but for many bears he does not do enough in big games good enough for the diddy teams though.

1 minute ago, WorthingBear91 said:

I think if we just accept that finding a good striker is impossible we might aswell give up, tbh I have not been scouting on who we should sign I will only judge what we have as I only really watch Rangers. What I do know is dessers is decent but is not proving it in the big games nearly a year and half on, one in five vs them is ok if he is a presence and drags the team up the pitch but he is neither in old firm games, your constant hyping him up and not looking at his faults is blinding you to what he does in games I do not think I have seen you ever criticise him or call him out even after the old firm, blindly supporting him offers nothing to the discussion, desser is a decent back up I would even sell danilo over him but for many bears he does not do enough in big games good enough for the diddy teams though.

I have repeatedly said he's not what we require, if that's not calling him out, I don't know ow what is. 

He's not what's required but he's what we have and he scores goals. 

I gave the exame of Kris Boyd who wasn't great against Celtic, but we still beat them with him in the team. Other players contributed back then, but now we are over-relient on Dessers.

Good luck finding another 20+ goal stirker given the financial mess we find ourselves in (and that isn't Dessers fault either). 

45 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Good luck finding another 20+ goal stirker given the financial mess we find ourselves in

We just spent significant fees on Cortez and the Albanian.

3 hours ago, CammyF said:

We were but unless I'm mistaken he's part of a team? And can't a point about one player be expanded?

#threadpolis

#tomaturetoinsertmeme

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Are hashtags more mature than memes?  I just asked my kid (13) and he reckons hashtags are more childish.  

Hey! I'm the only thread polis around here.

You're both pig-headed. 

Just agree to disagree. 

• Frankie changed the title to [FT] Rangers 3 - 0 Dundee (we now face Motherwell in semi-final)

Still think availability this season will be the difference between a challenge and just floating along to second.

On that, Souttar (touch wood) has been fit for a while now - he was seen as a crock when we signed him yet he's been available for a good couple of seasons now. 

2 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Still think availability this season will be the difference between a challenge and just floating along to second.

On that, Souttar (touch wood) has been fit for a while now - he was seen as a crock when we signed him yet he's been available for a good couple of seasons now. 

Agreed, we'll need to keep our better players fit and playing most weeks. 

But just as important will be PC deciding what is best 11 is and sticking with it for a large percentage of our games.