[FT] Rangers 3 - 0 Dundee (we now face Motherwell in semi-final)

5 minutes ago, locked ward said:

Plenty to be positive about.

Replace Tav and Lawrence and we can win something.

Two of our best players tonight. 

Cerny and Sterling were more of a worry tonight than those two. 

24 minutes ago, CammyF said:

How are you determing "big"? 

CL - check 

EL - check

OF - check

There was analysis done on his goals last season and the vast majority of his goals were openers, levellers or winners.

He also scored in every compition he played in last season and has done the same this season thus far. 

Again tonight in a cup quarter final he scores the opener and the 3rd that killed the game (great goal by the way).

The big fella can't do much more but some (for whatever reason) still won't accept him.

I like Dessers for what it's worth, but he's not got a good record in the OF. Let's not pretend otherwise. Outside of just goalscoring as well, he's been detrimental in a few of those games. I'd take his poor GS record v them if he was a presence.

And in an era where dominance in those fixtures will win you the league due to how poor the rest of the league is I think you can justify criticising him - in that regard.

And you mention his goals in Europe, he's got 3 in 13 mate.

I'd happily keep him in the squad because he does bag regularly and is fine for the bread and butter in the league but I am just not confident in him getting us over the line in the big matches.

If he starts smashing them in in the OF then I'll eat my words. If he could just trap it and get us up the park in those games I'd dine out on them.

This may not go down well but I'm just going to say it

Dessers - Flat track bully, a 5 million 30k a week Kris Boyd. Will beat the rest but offer nothing against the best.

Cerny  - one of the worst players I have ever seen. What is this? A bald Capucho? No pace, no skill, no work effort? What does he offer?

Diomande - our best player. We want our best player to be Gazza / Laudrup / Morelos etc. We are not there, But the visible lift when this guy is on the park in unreal.

Barron / Jefte - half a million £ goes a long way when you spend it wisley.

Bajrami - we have spent 4 million on just ok. We should have 4 of this guy in the squad.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

7 minutes ago, yuddie said:

I like Dessers for what it's worth, but he's not got a good record in the OF. Let's not pretend otherwise. Outside of just goalscoring as well, he's been detrimental in a few of those games. I'd take his poor GS record v them if he was a presence.

And in an era where dominance in those fixtures will win you the league due to how poor the rest of the league is I think you can justify criticising him - in that regard.

And you mention his goals in Europe, he's got 3 in 13 mate.

I'd happily keep him in the squad because he does bag regularly and is fine for the bread and butter in the league but I am just not confident in him getting us over the line in the big matches.

If he starts smashing them in in the OF then I'll eat my words. If he could just trap it and get us up the park in those games I'd dine out on them.

How many goals did Kris Boyd score against them? 

2 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

This may not go down well but I'm just going to say it

Dessers - Flat track bully, a 5 million 30k a week Kris Boyd. Will beat the rest but offer nothing against the best.

Cerny  - one of the worst players I have ever seen. What is this? A bald Capucho? No pace, no skill, no work effort? What does he offer?

Diomande - our best player. We want our best player to be Gazza / Laudrup / Morelos etc. We are not there, But the visible lift when this guy is on the park in unreal.

Barron / Jefte - half a million £ goes a long way when you spend it wisley.

Bajrami - we have spent 4 million on just ok. We should have 4 of this guy in the squad.

Dessers - only player we have who can score on a regular basis. 

Cerny - didn't play well tonight, too early to write-off. 

Diomande isn't or best player - he is decent but inconsistent. 

Barron / Jefte - agree 100% and would argue, at this moment they are our best players.

Bajrami - 1st game so can't judge but for me showed some encouraging signs.

We'll never have another Gazza or Laudrup, those days are over for us.