Just looking at this new setup in the champions league we all know it’s about money but could it backfire as I see it those clubs that do well in this first year of it will coin in a fortune from television gate money and prize money meaning if they are well run will win their domestic league and qualify again and again because the money gap between clubs will be huge it’s going to be very difficult for most clubs to qualify for this competition.

8 league games could end up causing even more meaningless games. Weeks 6, 7 and 8 could be irrelevant for numerous team. 

The fixture list is just getting mental. That Club world cup next summer is pointless and should be scrapped, it will just be exhibition matches. I cant see teams taking that serious unless they scrapped the International World Cup. Plus the nations league just wastes a couple of weeks, it should not be a back door for World Cup qualifiers as the WC is a FIFA run tournament with the nations league being UEFA. 

The new format will give some clubs more exposure and play more games, but as Gribz said towards the end there will be games of no meaning, probably more than the old system of two qualifying from a group. 

51 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

The new format will give some clubs more exposure and play more games, but as Gribz said towards the end there will be games of no meaning, probably more than the old system of two qualifying from a group. 

I think some of the big boys like Madrid Barcelona Bayern to name three see this new setup as a kind of trial before they embark on their European super league concept iron out the wrinkles in this competition then set up their own competition with all the big boys and some others like the Parkhead mob  that can fill their stadiums and wet the appetites of the television moguls that’s were the money is .

6 hours ago, compo said:

I think some of the big boys like Madrid Barcelona Bayern to name three see this new setup as a kind of trial before they embark on their European super league concept iron out the wrinkles in this competition then set up their own competition with all the big boys and some others like the Parkhead mob  that can fill their stadiums and wet the appetites of the television moguls that’s were the money is .

There's no question this won't happen ,and this new format will only serve to enforce a Euro super league.

The old die hards ,or so called 'Legacy' supporters will be powerless to stop it, these supporters mean nothing to the money men ,it's the armchair virtual supporters in Asia etc that really matter.

35 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

it's the armchair virtual supporters in Asia etc that really matter.

I was at the Etihad on Wednesday and the amount of people around me who weren't speaking English was mental (and no, I wasn't in the Inter section). 

I feel sorry for genuine City fans - it ain't like it used to be. 

I think more and more people in England will start supporting smaller, local clubs.  

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

I was at the Etihad on Wednesday and the amount of people around me who weren't speaking English was mental (and no, I wasn't in the Inter section). 

I feel sorry for genuine City fans - it ain't like it used to be. 

I think more and more people in England will start supporting smaller, local clubs.  

The Etihad just brings back bad memories for me .

I wonder do City fans care that they have so many non-Manc "Supporters" ? 

They have for the most part , always been the poor relation ,so i think they'll just  bask in it regardless.

But yes ,supporters in England will eventually turn off to modern football .

I see Arsenal have a black green and yellow away shirt, in honour of their African heritage... i presume that's got absolutely nothing to do with marketing.

10 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

The Etihad just brings back bad memories for me .

City used to be my English team but I'm no longer interested (only went because I thought it'd be a good match, I like Inter and I was down there for work).  

Seen them four times in Manchester (once at Maine Road): lost one and drawn three.

That's twice I've been to see Inter: 0 goals in 180 minutes.

Starting to think I might be a curse.  

I'm glad Ibrox isn't such a tourist attraction (small mercies and all that).  

Edited by Gonzo79