[FT] Dundee Utd 0 - 1 Rangers (Lawrence 7)

Enjoyed the game, fans made it a great atmosphere for the 90 minutes and very audible on telly for once. 

There are promising individuals in the team but I cant put my finger on what is still missing, but we were comfortable, Dundee Utd would still be playing now and not scored. 

Interesting that hamza Igamane has played about 40 mins in total for us, 20 of them in a 3-0 doing from our biggest rivals. And the general consensus throughout the support is that he looks like a player.

Could it be that we are not a miserable, high demanding support and simply that we crave players that can demonstrate they can contribute in a specific way?

Dessers offered nothing today out with the work effort. I'm not going to go into the same old stuff we have all done to death, but perhaps we just want a forward that can play like a forward focal point and not just score goals. 

I have thought for a while that Clement's style of play requires mobile players. Until we get more of those types we'll continue to look a tad clunky. 

Bajrami didn't do much - only his first game, of course - but looks like a more mobile player, too. 

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Interesting that hamza Igamane has played about 40 mins in total for us, 20 of them in a 3-0 doing from our biggest rivals. And the general consensus throughout the support is that he looks like a player.

Could it be that we are not a miserable, high demanding support and simply that we crave players that can demonstrate they can contribute in a specific way?

Dessers offered nothing today out with the work effort. I'm not going to go into the same old stuff we have all done to death, but perhaps we just want a forward that can play like a forward focal point and not just score goals. 

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/rUPsZgenqHJedvC6/

Very promising.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I have thought for a while that Clement's style of play requires mobile players. Until we get more of those types we'll continue to look a tad clunky. 

Bajrami didn't do much - only his first game, of course - but looks like a more mobile player, too. 

Which begs the question, why bring in Pröpper if you want to play a high line?

Koppen signing more than likely.

For all you stat lovers, our xGA (expected goals against) over the last 5 games is at 0.81 per game.

So for every match we've played we could expect to concede less than one goal.

That includes aways at Tynecastle, Parkhead and Tannadice.

That's not THAT bad. Game state has probably dictated the numbers mind.

Bring it down to 0.60-70 and we'd be doing fine imo. 0.50 would be stellar.

Although Butland would need to improve on the shot stopping front, I actually think Parkhead aside he's been fine this season - he had a howler at Celtic though.

21 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Which begs the question, why bring in Pröpper if you want to play a high line?

Koppen signing more than likely.

Propper is an aggressive CB; he likes to jump in. I think he fits a high line - just don't miss. 

So let's say Proper is going to be number 1 centre half who plays beside him Soutar or Balogun or do we play all three and build our team from the back with Sterling at one side and Jette at the other side 

10 minutes ago, compo said:

So let's say Proper is going to be number 1 centre half who plays beside him Soutar or Balogun or do we play all three and build our team from the back with Sterling at one side and Jette at the other side 

We do that at times during the build up with Barron mate.

It's plain to see Tavs legs have gone though, he can't get up and down anymore and he was second guessing his every touch yesterday imo.

It'll be interesting to see how Kasanwirjo gets on in that regard.