RANGERS will NOT be appointing St Mirren vice-chairman Jim Gillespie as new CEO

50 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I'm not sure how any of us can assess whether Gillespie would have made a good or bad CEO for us.

I think a lot of us seem to rely on 'gut instincts' with a lot of these things.  Better off just admitting we don't have enough information.  

5 hours ago, compo said:

Probably worried about his reputation being associated with a poor Rangers 

Unless we are offering a relatively generous package, we aren't an attractive proposition for a reputable CEO.

A bonfire of a club with the fans and press ready to pounce.

46 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

I propose Windy Miller from Trumpton, he could whistle up the wind.

Rangers could do with a period of fair wind.

A fair wind would fan the flames. We need calm 😂

For half a second I thought that you had suggested Willie Miller!

There's a guy called Ally MacKay, he's the 'General Manager and Chief Soccer Officer' at DC United in the MLS. He's Scottish and a Rangers fan, but he's been in America for a good while now. Whatever we think of the standard of football there is a professionalism to the running of American sport that we could learn from. 

I've no idea if the club are aware of him, I've no idea if he'd be interested in 'moving home', but I'm surprised I've not seen his name mentioned by anyone in the media or connected to the club. 

10 hours ago, CammyF said:

Former FA chief Adrian Bevington has said he'd be interested in the role. Don't think he has much experience in CEO roles though. 

Seen lots of stuff emerge on social media about him visiting other mob arena and praising them for certain things. I'm out. Boak.