Rangers Europa League Squad Submitted - No Danilo / Matondo

41 minutes ago, Chic Sharp said:

Is this just for a couple of games or for the initial whole 8 games? 

Danilo is not in the EL squad, so he's out for the duration (until early 2025).  Hopefully he's back playing domestic football long before that....however, I won't hold my breath.

10 minutes ago, compo said:

I know it’s a different competition but Aston Villa fans could be paying as much as £97 per ticket for their champions league matches 

Mental.  Although we've yet to see what our EL prices will be.

I got a Man City v Inter ticket for £50 and that included the extortionate £15 fee charged by the legal tout site.  Not bad (forza Nerazzurri!). 

20 minutes ago, compo said:

I know it’s a different competition but Aston Villa fans could be paying as much as £97 per ticket for their champions league matches 

These teams can charge what they like, there could be 0 fans in their stadium and it wouldn't really matter to their accounts. The TV cash is king.

3 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

These teams can charge what they like, there could be 0 fans in their stadium and it wouldn't really matter to their accounts. The TV cash is king.

True to an extent but 45,000 x 75 = 3,375,000.  Multiply that by 4 and you have a fairly sizeable chunk of income, even in EPL land.  

3 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

These teams can charge what they like, there could be 0 fans in their stadium and it wouldn't really matter to their accounts

I'm not so sure, FFP means teams are looking to show revenue streams in order to spend their stockpiles. Look at loan fees frinstance now, it's not a loan, it's a hire, and another income stream.

Villa fans will pay the cash btw.

How fast times go. The last time I bought a CL package it was 50 quid in the Club Deck for the 3 games against Bayern, PSV and that cracking Valencia team. Seems a bargain now and considering the team we had it absolutely was.