Is it time for a fresh approach?

6 minutes ago, WorthingBear91 said:

Well one in two then right now dessers is one in 5 against them but that is what is acceptable against celtic now

Did I say it was acceptable? 1 in 2 is exceptional, Dessers has played 1 full season. McCoist was ridiculed for years at Rangers, fans chanting for him to get to "fcuk". 

Fans have short memories. 

For me Dessers misses easy chances, doesn't hold play up, falls over far too easily, is constantly trying to make friends with officials and opposition players and has the first touch of a blind baby elephant.  

He has short decent spells (like his mini recent scoring spree) but then reverts to type and we get a handful of matches where he plays like he did against the scum.  His whole career has been like that, so it's unlikely it'll change.  

Comparing him to McCoist is pointless.  McCoist's job was to score goals.  Forwards have to do a lot more these days.  

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

For me Dessers misses easy chances, doesn't hold play up, falls over far too easily, is constantly trying to make friends with officials and opposition players and has the first touch of a blind baby elephant.  

He has short decent spells (like his mini recent scoring spree) but then reverts to type and we get a handful of matches where he plays like he did against the scum.  His whole career has been like that, so it's unlikely it'll change.  

Comparing him to McCoist is pointless.  McCoist's job was to score goals.  Forwards have to do a lot more these days.  

I wasn't comparing him to McCoist - he couldn't lace Allys boots.

I gave MCoist as an example of how scoring 1 goal per OF game is unrealistic. In my time supporting Rangers, McCoist was the player I knew I could rely on to score against them and he did - but not at a goal a game.

Dessers is what we have, comparing him to anyone is pointless - listing his strengths and weaknesses is pointless. 

11 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

McCoist's job was to score goals. 

Alec Smith, manager at Aberdeen, noted that when Rangers lost possession McCoist and Hateley would immediately run back to occupy space in front of the defence. Can’t say I noticed it but Smith is a more accurate observer than I.

1 minute ago, Scott7 said:

Alec Smith, manager at Aberdeen, noted that when Rangers lost possession McCoist and Hateley would immediately run back to occupy space in front of the defence. Can’t say I noticed it but Smith is a more accurate observer than I.

People forget just how good McCoist and Hateley were as footballers and not just goalscorers. 

As I said above, fans have short memories. Both were fantastic football players as well as fantastic goal scorers

17 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I wasn't comparing him to McCoist - he couldn't lace Allys boots

Sorry, I wasn't meaning that specific comparison.  A goal every other game is generally considered a good record for a striker.  

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Did I say it was acceptable? 1 in 2 is exceptional, Dessers has played 1 full season. McCoist was ridiculed for years at Rangers, fans chanting for him to get to "fcuk". 

Fans have short memories. 

Furuhashi is 8 in 15 in old firm games is he as good as McCoist i think not, Dessers is a squad player I would keep but we need more, unless he turns a corner and contributes in old firm games they are the most meaningful games every season.

Edited by WorthingBear91