Is it time for a fresh approach?

22 minutes ago, WorthingBear91 said:

There is our standard games where he scores, the big games in europe where he is hit and miss, Celtic is our only truly big game domestically how many goal does he have vs Celtic ? Now our striker should be getting at least a goal a game vs them, I like dessers but unless he changes and starts banging in goals vs them he can score as many as he likes vs the Motherwells and Ross counties unless he scores vs them and we win them matches then he is just a good backup player, beating them is what wins you leagues.

A goal a game v Celtic? You do know McCoist "only" scored 28 in 54 games against them? You're asking the impossible there. 

Dessers goals have mostly been opening goals, equalisers and winners, he's scored in OF, EL and CL qualifiers. Scored 2 in a Scottish Cup Semi Final.

He has only been here 1 full season. In that season he was 1st Rangers striker to score 20 league goals since Boyd and Miller.

Maybe, just maybe if other players showed the same attitude and / or chipped in with their share of goals, then we'd be better off (remember McCoist had Hateley, Boyd had Miller etc)

16 minutes ago, CammyF said:

A goal a game v Celtic? You do know McCoist "only" scored 28 in 54 games against them? You're asking the impossible there. 

Dessers goals have mostly been opening goals, equalisers and winners, he's scored in OF, EL and CL qualifiers. Scored 2 in a Scottish Cup Semi Final.

He has only been here 1 full season. In that season he was 1st Rangers striker to score 20 league goals since Boyd and Miller.

Maybe, just maybe if other players showed the same attitude and / or chipped in with their share of goals, then we'd be better off (remember McCoist had Hateley, Boyd had Miller etc)

I fully agree with your point, but Dessers scored 16 league goals last season. 

I think the criticism comes from his wastefulness: 16 goals from an xG of 19. He was wasteful. 

But, he has been clinical this season: 3 goals from an xG of 3.1. Superb. If he keeps close to that even the haters will fall in line. 

Dessers is not one of our main issues. 

Screenshot_20240903_202945_FotMob.thumb.jpg.72aa3d7c83d7ac124d528a2e06f5c5e8.jpg

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think the criticism comes from his wastefulness: 16 goals from an xG of 19. He was wasteful. 

But, he has been clinical this season: 3 goals from an xG of 3.1. Superb. If he keeps close to that even the haters will fall in line. 

Screenshot_20240903_202945_FotMob.thumb.jpg.72aa3d7c83d7ac124d528a2e06f5c5e8.jpg

He'll not be the only striker in the world who is / was wasteful though, that's the point. 

He needs someone who'll supplement his 16, 18, 20 goals, like the example I gave relating to the season we won 55 - Morelos, DeFoe, Roofe, Kent, Hagi, Tav, Aribo, Arfield all chipped in. 

7 minutes ago, CammyF said:

He'll not be the only striker in the world who is / was wasteful though, that's the point. 

He needs someone who'll supplement his 16, 18, 20 goals, like the example I gave relating to the season we won 55 - Morelos, DeFoe, Roofe, Kent, Hagi, Tav, Aribo, Arfield all chipped in. 

I agree. 

And it was his first season. 

He has started this one much more clinical. 

I could see where the criticism was coming from last season, but there's really no reason to criticise him this season. He is doing his job. 

21 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

My criticism of him is nothing to do with chance conversion. 

Its everything else that he doesn't offer that is a problem.

15 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

My criticism of him is nothing to do with chance conversion. 

Its everything else that he doesn't offer that is a problem.

Like not saving weakly hit shots from 30 yards out? 

3 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

That and scoring goals.

Or not allowing a winger to get to bye-line, or not tracking his runner? 

I'm getting swayed here, useless bugger does f'all when you think about it.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Well one in two then right now dessers is one in 5 against them but that is what is acceptable against celtic now