Is it time for a fresh approach?

14 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Not having the pressing thing mate sorry

Not sure this ‘least of our problems’ thing is valid. A problem is a problem.

The video does only show 15 secs of the first fifteen minutes, but I respect your opinion. I may be mis remembering, but I thought we forced them into a number of errors early in the game. By the least of our problems I just mean he will put up a fair contribution of goals where I doubt that the wingers/midfielders will. 

Edited by Graeme Ro55

42 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Roofe was a bit aye. Goals has nothing to do with my point not sure where your going with this tbh.

I don't know where your trying to take it to be honest.

My original response was to a post stating that said Dessers doesn't score in important games. I replied saying he does (and has) and suddenly you've said its not about goals but "presence".

I also stated that most of his goals for us have been opening goals, equalisers or winning goals. 

Dessers doesn't offer a Morelos type presence (few would) but its undeniable that he offers goals, something no other player in our squad can currently claim. 

Dessers is the new Tav, no matter what he does, it'll not be good enough for some.

He scores goals, he's always available, he doesn't let the flack get to him. Wish we had more that offer what he offers.  

3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

You're getting sucked into the idea that one formation equals one way of playing, which isn't true: at times we've defended in a 4-4-2 and attacked in a 3-2-5, despite it always being a 4-2-3-1 on paper - hence my original point: formations are mostly irrelevant. For me, they are only useful in reference to game state. 

I have always said we're lacking quality players. 

I'm not getting sucked into anything, I look at what players we use in games and where ... and all becomes very obvious. It's not like we have seen and tried this since a couple of months.

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

I don't know where your trying to take it to be honest.

My original response was to a post stating that said Dessers doesn't score in important games. I replied saying he does (and has) and suddenly you've said its not about goals but "presence".

I also stated that most of his goals for us have been opening goals, equalisers or winning goals. 

Dessers doesn't offer a Morelos type presence (few would) but its undeniable that he offers goals, something no other player in our squad can currently claim. 

Dessers is the new Tav, no matter what he does, it'll not be good enough for some.

He scores goals, he's always available, he doesn't let the flack get to him. Wish we had more that offer what he offers.  

There's a scape-goat or bashing-boy every season. The main problem with Dessers lies not in the fact that he misses chances like all strikers do - and no-one should remind us of Morelos' last season - but that we lack other players to score a similar amount of goals. So any of his misses become more costly. IMHO, he's sure not a or the problem.

5 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I'm not getting sucked into anything, I look at what players we use in games and where ... and all becomes very obvious. It's not like we have seen and tried this since a couple of months.

If you think we line up in a flat 4-2-3-1 on the pitch, then you need to go to Specsavers - or the German equivalent. :D

1 minute ago, der Berliner said:

There's a scape-goat or bashing-boy every season. The main problem with Dessers lies not in the fact that he misses chances like all strikers do - and no-one should remind us of Morelos' last season - but that we lack other players to score a similar amount of goals. So any of his misses become more costly. IMHO, he's sure not a or the problem.

Exactly - typical of the Rangers support that when discussing lack of goals, the player(s) to blame are those who actually score the goals and not those who don't 😀