Is it time for a fresh approach?

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm not a Tav fan but I'm unsure why there's so much focus on his poor performance on Sunday.  

I'd prefer us to set up not to lose at the Piggery but as stated earlier, managers don't really change much about their set ups these days, so we're flinging shite at the moon here.

His poor performance's are a regular thing now either he goes or he will cost the manager his job 

5 minutes ago, compo said:

His poor performance's are a regular thing now either he goes or he will cost the manager his job 

Yeah, his form has really fallen off a cliff this season. Half his passing goes to the opposition and his lack of pace means he's not contributing from an attacking standpoint. 

We've relied on him driving us forward for so many years and now that's away the team struggles.

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm not a Tav fan but I'm unsure why there's so much focus on his poor performance on Sunday.

I'm no hater either, but we could all see it coming. It's glaring due to its predictability, when you know an average journeyman winger is gonna roast your full back, yet again, it's time to make that change.

13 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Did you know our front three have contributed the same number of goals and assists as their front three? 

I found that interesting when I saw it. 

I haven’t really rated their front three either since Jota left. I thought he was exactly what you want in a modern winger, but they’ve failed to strengthen that position since. Unfortunately they have enough about them to accommodate that and we don’t. 

32 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

I'm no hater either, but we could all see it coming. It's glaring due to its predictability, when you know an average journeyman winger is gonna roast your full back, yet again, it's time to make that change.

Tav will be fine in most domestic matches.  He is clearly hopeless away against them and has been for quite some time.  

Just to be clear, him and Dessers were the two players I wanted gone first during the last window.  

16 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Just to be clear, him and Dessers were the two players I wanted gone first during the last window.  

When he was at his peak we made our peace with the fact his attacking output far outweigh his defensive frailties. 

Now he offers little attacking threat its time to go with Sterling / Big Kas / Leon King at right back in some games and see how we go. 

I think he has decided to stay to get his testimonial but I really worry that he will tarnish his legacy so badly that it will be a non-event.

Dessers and Danilo will score goals against the diddy teams but neither offer anything when we are punching up. We need a big bastard up front, go get a Wout Weghorst or Luuk de Jong type who can be a focal point of play.

4 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Dessers and Danilo will score goals against the diddy teams but neither offer anything when we are punching up.

I’d like to see more of a fully fit Danilo. Just seems it will be a while before we get to. The type of striker you describe is pretty rare, especially at our level. 

6 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think he has decided to stay to get his testimonial but I really worry that he will tarnish his legacy so badly that it will be a non-event

I definitely won't be attending.  Testimonials made sense when footballers were paid more normal salaries, not now.